The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Panorama Programme on Racing – Wed BBC1

Home Forums Horse Racing Panorama Programme on Racing – Wed BBC1

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

So if there is a bent element, should we just accept it, or rid them from the sport? Hopefully the BHA will be able rid the likes of Lynch from the sport for good.

BTW, is it wrong to still be laughing at the bit where Bennett kicks Kenyon in the air?

Agree on both accounts – as well as his "eviction" from the pub wgich was equally good.

What does strike me as odd is the BBC can get access to the CPS and Police Recordings, presumably under an FOI request, yet it seems the BHA cannot obtain access – something appears to be inherantly wrong there.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

I laughed but that’s what he has to expect, sberry i agree with all you said there

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The BHA still have the powers to acts where the City of London Police don’t. I hope they take the correct course.

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

If there isn’t sufficient evidence to warn-off ‘Little’ Fergal "missed a winner" Lynch for life after that, then the BHA Security department should call it a day as they clearly have no real worth.

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

” Dodgy geezers ” and ” bent elements ” ? Some of them work for the
    BBC .

Ofcom , it was reported today , fined the BBC £ 400,000 because

“The BBC deceived its audience by faking winners of competitions and deliberately conducting competitions unfairly,” Ofcom said.

Viewers were urged to call some BBC programmes after contestants had already been chosen.

Other shows had been pre-recorded, so nobody could win apparently “live” competitions.

The full report is on the BBC website : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7497168.stm

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Yes Kenyon form figures read FF.

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

bimble…your post has no real relevence to corruption in racing.

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Sorry, I thought that there was inside information in EVERY race.

Silly me. It’s only SOME. :roll:

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

firefox, do you believe Lynch lost races on purpose ? Yes or no?

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

For the sake of this thread, I’d suggest it’s best not to answer that question.

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

a pm will do :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

The fact that the HRA arrange a seminar on inside information – purely for jockeys – says everything about whom they’d like to be the scapegoat for racings integrity problems.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

firefox, do you believe Lynch lost races on purpose ? Yes or no?

I know the question is aimed at Firefox but I suppose it depends what "standard" you set it against.

In the criminal standard of "beyond all reasonable doubt" then it could be difficult to prove.

In the civil standard of "balance of probability" then I would say from the limited excerpt we have heard then possibly yes.

However without hearing the full conversation with all of Lynch’s side it is difficult to say – for example are the quotes used in Panorama used in the correct context or have they been taken out of context?

That is my major gripe with this program – nothing in it has been put into any context.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Or who they know are the most vulnerable?

crizzy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 788

After day one of the test match I would wonder if some England players hit the lay button on the England win market :?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

So no, I do not believe Lynch was guilty of race fixing

What was he on about then?

Participant
    • Total Posts 515

The fact that the HRA arrange a seminar on inside information – purely for jockeys – says everything about whom they’d like to be the scapegoat for racings integrity problems.

Incorrect.

Yes, seminars have been held covering this subject, but they have been made available to the racing industry as a whole, not just jockeys.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.