The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 4

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Nothing Gained 4

Viewing 17 posts - 494 through 510 (of 550 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 15019

@Darren83
    Darren. Yes, more than happy with General Principle here as well………did you not see I had him 33’s? I put him up here, it’s two posts back. Thanks anyway. Sigh

As per countless comments over the years, no I won’t be having a bet on The Masters.

• Total Posts 15019

@FlyersNap
    Yes, that was me. I still watch that Rule The World National from time time, still get the same buzz from it. I was already on Ivan that day, but topped up on him after Rule The World, a proper highlight that day. Loved Ivan, and though he didn’t quite turn out as good as I had hoped, I still reckon that injury he got, robbed him of a proper big prize.

Totally agree that the same race could be ideal for VDR, and if he does go there, I’ll be having a lot more on that I did today.

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 282

Watched both races earlier today……RTW was much bigger on the machine,so was Ivan.Remember you had the 3rd horse at 3 figure prices as well,happy days.

Quiet week,all about the golf now,weekend cards look poor,some dry weather would not go amiss.Down on the south coast here,garden soaked,dog hates it,grass about a foot long…….any mention of the mower etc has already been addressed :negative:

Laters :yes:

• Total Posts 15019

Yeah, best ever National for me that one, unbelievable how it all panned out…..

Rule The World 180’s
    Vic’s Canvas ew 100’s
    Ucello Conti ew 6 Places 33’s

…..was some night that, though the downside is that I’ll surely never have luck like that again.

Oh yeah, quiet week ahead for sure, and that’s no a bad thing. Having the two biggest meetings of the year within a month can be hard going, so with the extra week this year, I’m going to enjoy some downtime.

For once the weather in Scotland is the same as the South Coast. Unfortunately my mutt loves the wet, and he gets in some bloody nick, I just want it to dry for that reason alone, never mind the horses lol

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Good to see ITV racing give such great coverage of Kelso yesterday….we were travelling back so couldn’t go [although, having had two weeks of being rained on I think I would have given it a miss, anyway…..]

• Total Posts 15019

Yeah Moe, I thought they did the coverage well, and good to see the track getting some exposure, as it’s a great place to go.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

We lost the dog whilst away [kidney failure]. Feel so guilty that I’d been moaning about not being able to go to places like Musselburgh, Chester; stay overnight at Cheltenham etc. Was awful travelling home yesterday and seeing her empty basket with all of her bedding washed and ready for her. The vets in Berwick were wonderful, though, and I can’t praise them enough….

• Total Posts 15019

Aaaaw Moe, so sorry to hear that, there is nothing worse, the house just feels empty.

When we got the dog last year, main reason I didn’t want one, was for this very reason. Took me a long time to get over my last one. Hope you and Mike are bearing up ok.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Thanks VtC; Mike is devastated; he was the dog walker and came round to walk her every day; also took her to Bamburgh for weeks at a time. He’d never had a dog before, whereas I’ve not been without one for 40 years. I’ve known she was on borrowed time for ages [that’s why I wouldn’t go away anywhere without her]; she’s had no end of medical problems throughout her life, and I’d told Mike that when she went it would be sudden and would take us by surprise, but it was still a shock. We have friends who’ve moved up to Northumberland; they are going to collect her ashes and put them next to the ashes of their beloved Labrador until we travel up in June. She was the sweetest, dearest soul that ever lived and if there’s a doggy heaven, that’s where she is..I’m going to give it a year and then either get an ex racing greyhound or a whippet puppy; I’ve looked at other breeds of dog but they’re the ones I love. Her brother, Thomas, was a top stud dog, so she has relations all over the place. Funny thing is, every dog we meet [and it’s probably just because we no longer have a dog with us] seems to come up to us and give us lots of doggy kisses, as if they know we need a bit of comfort [yes; I know I’m daft…]….anyways, it’s the National soon and I have a new grandchild due soon afterwards, so life goes on…

Flyers Nap
    Participant
    • Total Posts 282

Evening Wise One………Well done weekend,nice hit.

Heavy ground Aintree will be interesting,going will be changed after the first race if history is anything to go by.Thursday looks difficult,just the one handicap later on the card,waiting for overnight decs as plenty entered lower down in that race.

Like one in particular in the Foxhunters,just waiting to see final riding arrangements,a big factor in that race some years,that may also give us a clue for conditions on the National course.

Couple later in the week that have been on the radar,Diable De Sivola needs quite a few to come out first race friday,that mark 134 very workable,Ned already booked.

Nothing stands out alone in the National,Raz De Maree was way too big earlier in the week,can see that shortening,inc claims gone up a fair bit for that welsh success,but his best work was at the end,suggesting he might be one of a very select few staying on after the last.

Baie Des Illes….long term fan of this horse,straight into notebook after that effort behind Native River in the 2016 welsh national.Everything about the mare screams stamina,the stats are against her,but they all fall eventually.Really fancied her at xmas for the welsh,but pulled 5 day stage,think I read she had small setback,missed the boat at bigger odds,a little on at 44,but not enough :cry:

Tiger is very well,leg wax and plenty organic carrot juice by all accounts :yes:

Hope your off ?Stick some thoughts up tomorrow night if your about.

• Total Posts 15019

Evening mate, yeah cheers, was a nice one for me, and managed to nick some 40’s. Couldn’t believe the price, considering the nature of the race he line up in previously.

Yeah, big question marks over Thursdays races, and it may just be a day to tread carefully, until we get a clearer picture of the going.

Still got plenty of races coming up over the three days, where I haven’t even looked, so plenty to chew over, though a few big priced ones already on, and one of them would be nice.

Strange National this year, certainly not a vintage, but it’s the biggest race of the year without question, and it’s about the event as much an anything. I like your two a lot, but still all about The Tiger for me. I hope that “Carrot Juice” does the trick lol

Oh yeah, finish tomorrow, and three days off. Wouldn’t miss it for the world. I will definitely be on tomorrow night, that is a certainty, and be good to see your thoughts.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

New grandchild arrived yesterday; a bit early. What a relief; I was convinced I was going to end up doing childminding duties on Grand National Day!! Can now concentrate on backing almost every horse in the race!!!

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

hope you are well VTC and banging in the winners, nice easy request give me the National winner

• Total Posts 15019

Hi N, all going well, especially the last few weeks, but Aintree Day 1 is normally where things grind to an abrupt halt lol.

Tiger Roll is my big fancy, but he’s short enough now. Carlingford Lough is a strong fancy, and a fancy price too. Wouldn’t put you off those two. Good luck.

• Total Posts 15019

Fantastic news Moe, and good to see you get some nice news after a very difficult week for you. Well done to the wee one as well, arriving just in the nick of time too lol

• Total Posts 15019

Well it’s finally here, three outstanding days racing, culminating in the biggest race of the year. Bloody love it. The Thursday however, is usually tough going, and I’m not expecting too much joy.

In The Manifesto, at 15-2, I could make a case for Modus, and I’ll chance him to win at those odds, which look inflated to me. I actually thought he’d be one for the Saturday at Ayr, and who knows, that might be the case still, but I can’t pass him over tomorrow. Very capable horse on his day.

I was happily passing over The Doom Bar, although I was quite keen on We Have A Dream. He was too short a price, and I’ll take a small ew chance on Beau Gosse. Not one to follow others selections, but had a look at the angle given by Steeplechasing, and he made a fair case for him.

The Betway Bowl has it’s usual strong line up, and having taken a chance on Clan Des Obeaux at the start of the week, I thought that would be me, but I can’t pass over Sizing Codelco at 100’s. He came into this meeting under a cloud last year, and fair blew me away. He was a strong fancy of mine for The Gold Cup going into this season, but he’s had a “mare” of a season, shaping as if amiss. Can he bounce back here once more. Unlikely. At 100’s though, I’ll take that chance. On his run here last year, I’d have him second fav, if he was back to near best.

The Aintree Hurdle looks a race to enjoy without a bet, but I went for Diakali at a big price Ante-Post. Very decent for Willie Mullins, and making his debut here for Gary Moore, he makes plenty of appeal at a price, and I haven’t forgotten the sudden improvement he got out of Camping Ground last year.

I don’t have a great record in The Foxhunter, but happy enough with Grand Vision, who I bet Ante-Post also. Delighted with the booking of Jamie Codd, and hoping he can make the difference. Barrakilla is too big at 12’s, and he’s the saver.

Went for two Ante-Post in The Red Rum, and Sizing Platinum makes it. Happy with the 33’s. I may take a chance on Theflyingportrait, despite the very obvious ground concerns. 33’s looks mad generous.

In the bumper, no real surprise, but I’ll be with Midnightreferendum, at around 16’s.

Cracking card, and always a meeting to savour, but I’ve had some grim days on The Thursday, and I’ll be very guarded going into it, and no really big bets. There’ll be a few perms, and in the unlikely event that I have any joy, I will increase stakes.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2518

cheers VTC good luck

Viewing 17 posts - 494 through 510 (of 550 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.