Norfolk stakes 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2018 Norfolk stakes 2018

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Middle_Of_March Middle_Of_March 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

I backed Vintage Brut last time Steve and to be honest he kind of looks like a staying five furlong horse or even wants six.
    I can’t have the Yank hoss but he could just blast them away as has happened previously.
    Konchek looks like he missed it a bit at Sandown and was playing catch up and if he does that again he will be beat before the first furlong.
    Land Force does look like a five furlong horse but I am not convinced he possesses the necessary basic speed for this.
    Kinks is what he is and is just below whats required.
    Charming Kid won first time up despite looking particularly green and will improve a ton for that run.
    Glory Fighter improved from one run to two but doesn’t look good enough.
    The Paddocks should be running over six IMO but will be staying on!!
    Rumbleinthejungle won nicely first up and could be like his two year old winner last year here.
    Pocket Dynamo has won in France but you wonder why he went there to win and not the traditional route.

In conclusion I have backed Charming Kid at 9/1 and have just had a saver on Konchek at 9/2

Good Luck Guys :good:

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1071

Vintage Brut 5/1.

Everyone going on about Konchek not getting the best run the last day but VB was stuck in behind horses initially before getting a gap. Looked to be keeping on at the line and think he’ll enjoy this stiff 5F.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2542

2:30 – Norfolk Stakes (Group 2)
    I am on SHANG SHANG SHANG (5/1) antepost for this at 6/1 and she was as short as 5/2 for thi race yesterday. However, after the poor run from Chelsea Cloisters in the Queen Mary, she’s been on the drift ever since. In most years after seeing her drift like this, I’d think of backing something else to accompany my antepost angle. However, I’ll leave myself with just her in the race as I think the British contingent in this race are very closely matched on form. Vintage Brut extended his unbeaten record to two in the National Stakes beating Konchek but the latter stormed home and this stiff finish will suit. I’d expect that form from Sandown to be reversed here. Land Force has been steadily backed overnight for Aiden O’Brien but his for in Ireland doesn’t scream Norfolk winner. Charming Kid looked useful at York on debut and this has been the target ever since. He could go well for a place.

1st – Shang Shang Shang 5/1
    2nd – Konchek 7/2
    3rd – Charming Kid 15/2

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Konchek & Land Force for me. Konchek looked a class act on debut and should really have won at Sandown but for the draw. Land Force hasn’t yet had a combination of 5 furlongs and fast ground. He ran very well behind a leady Albany hope over a furlong further last time out and this combo looks ideal.

Koncheck 5/1
    Land Force 7/1

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5939

Not a lot between quite a few, and it’s more a guess as to who will have
    improved. I’m taking a chance with Charming Kid at 8/1,
    Richard Fahey can get a good tune out of his 2yr olds.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26327

You got one Stevie. :good:

value is everything
    Degaussed
    Degaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 566

If Ryan takes Land Force over to the far side from the start, he wins that race. He looked ahead about 1 furlong out (according to RUK’s wire-cam), but then wandered to find some company before running on again late.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

WELL DONE STEVE :good: :good: and agree with Degaussed regarding Land Force.

And that is the first one of WW that has gone from the off!!

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2542

Oi oi!!

Needed that.

Nice to finally get a bigger bet land this week after the failures of Chelsea Cloisters and Hydrangea. Strad followed up too so a good day.

Well done Steve too. You were leader of the band and I hopped on when you mentioned the 6/1 likely to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.