The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

eCOMM Hurdle

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion eCOMM Hurdle

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

A really competitive looking handicap with plenty of potentially very handicapped horses.

The Bosses Oscar is on many a list to go back to the festival and win a handicap, so he’s sure to be popular here as well. Personally i can swerve him as i imagine he’ll be right up there in the market.

Relegate was a hot fancy over at Haydock 2 weeks ago and she never made her running. Haydock heavy is a different heavy as well know, and some horses don’t take to it. In saying that, i think with her hurdling technique she could be left alone, unless they offer a silly price.

Due to the jockey booking, Sayo looks to be front rank of the Mullin’s entrants, i have to admit i was very surprised at first he was the pick, but looking again it seems that he hasn’t done the low weight of some of the other WPM runners in over a year. So it was really only between Sayo and the long time absent Low Sun. Hopefully the market still makes him shorter than IMO he should be. His win Over Dolciano Dici looks pretty poor form to me, with so many in the field never running their races anymore. The one that tends to Jaime Sommers fell!

Any Second Now is in theory well in at the weights running off 140 (152 chase mark) and could improve for his decent return at Naas. He hasn’t won often enough for me in recent times so he’s easy enough to swerve, but he wouldn’t be a shock winner.

Shattered Love is a very interesting runner off a nice mark compared to her handicap mark and Gordon cheekily claiming another 7. She’s a massive chasing mare and for me that is partly the reason for the difference in marks, and i’d be surprised if shes as well in as it looks on paper. In saying that, she is well in regardless, it’s just by how much. I’ll see how she’s priced before saying yay or nay. Shortlist.

Tout Est Permis is another running off a much lower mark and they are claiming 5 with a good pilot. He was a hotpot for this race last year and lost to the very good Jam Man. I’d expect him to run his race, possibly place but not win.

Lady Breffni to me looks the Mullin’s no.1 string. Blackmore takes the ride and she is 29 runs 5 wins and 11 finishing 2nd-4th. So a fair strike rate when used. This mare has moved from Joseph O’Brien and is very interesting to me off 128. She was just touched off by a mare Well Set Up that i flagged in my horses to follow section. That mare was more experienced and a proper stayer on heavy ground. That was Lady Breffni’s first step up to 2m6 since her point and i think that’ll be what she wants, a trip. She made a mistake at the last and lost her momentum but didn’t stop at the finish. She had Darrens Hope behind her that day, she has won 2 this season now rated 127 and goes for for the G3 at Cork on Sunday (she’ll have a fair chance too). I’d expect her to show up well here. SHortlist (price)

Bon Retour This is one i expect to be a nice price and to me she’ll have her conditions. A good staying trip and softer going. She won nicely at Galway before strangely being dropped in trip twice with one of them dropping 6.5 furlongs on yielding ground. The quotes after her Galway win said they were happy with her mark of 121 then and now she’s off 129. I have to admit i was hoping they’d use Conor McNamara on her but he’s on another WPM runner. I do think she’s capable of a much better showing and i’ll back her as long as she’s big enough (guess she will be).

Fan Des Blues, Low Sun and Maze Runner are 3 i’ll be watching for future races.

Shortlist depending on price:

Shattered Love
    Bon Retour
    Lady Breffni

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17301

Great line up Jack

Agree, The Bosses Oscar something of a talking horse, and I’ll leave him here for the same reasons as you.

I’m actually quite keen on Any Second Nowhere. He looked a lot more forward than I expected last time, and he can afford a big run here without affecting his mark for Aintree. I’ve been chipping away at him monthly for The National since March, and he’s been a constant 30’s to 34’s, until the last 48 hours, where his price has dropped quickly.

De Name Escapes Me is very interesting from top connections, and he’s seriously considered. Great attitude last time on the level at Naas.

Finally, At The Acorn. Gave him a few mentions, and I’m more interested in him over the larger obstacles, but there’s a big run in him, and he’ll almost certainly get bet. I’ll watch for opening price.

Depending on the odds of the three of them, I could bet all three, but I’ll not know till later with DNEM.

For now….

Any Second Now
    At The Acorn

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17301

Took 20’s At The Acorn, and looking to beat that price with Any Second Now.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Money about Bobby!

I took, 12s Breffni, 33s Bon Retour and 33s Maze Runner. Shattered Love too short for me and there was something about Maze Runner that interested me and i didn’t mention him above. Shape decent last time with Advanced Virgo in behind….not that that should be used for hurdle form but yeah.

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 335

Tout Est Permis at 9/2 is my main hope here, but I’m with you Jack with Maze Runner, and I’ve taken 40/1 ew

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 91

Looks a competitive race and there will be plenty of these plotting Christmas and/or spring pots so i’m not getting involved in the race betting wise. I am however keen to see how Low Sun gets on off the back of a lengthy absence. He won the Cesarewitch for me at 33/1 a couple of years ago and has only run once since. He’s still only 7 though so he’s very much on my radar for something like the Pertemps if he can stay sound.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2937

Agreed TYT, think he’s one to watch for sure going forward.

Bon Retour drifting wildly, i’ll be playing her more with 365 at 100/1 and 75/1 (6places)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.