The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nathan’s football plays.

Home Forums General Sports Nathan’s football plays.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

The sports section a bit quiet of late so i thought i would keep track of my football bets this season so i can see how much money i lose by the end of it.

Darlington v Leeds

I’m not too keen on betting on carling cup ties but Leeds manager Simon Grayson has promised me via the Leeds website that he is putting out a strong team and I’ve just heard him saying on sky sports news he expects a hard match from Darlington so i don’t think Leeds will be complacent.

I’m not concerned that it took them to the last minute to beat ten man Exeter at the weekend as my Exeter friend told me if Leeds had not won it would have been the biggest injustice in football ever.

If Beckford and Becchio play then they can get the job done early.

Half time result – (£5.00 Leeds@ 5/4)

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Darlington v Leeds

Half time result – (£5.00

Leeds

@ 5/4)

Lost – £5.00

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

I’m off to Edgbaston tomorrow for the twenty20 finals and if all goes to plan then i can come home and have a few Doubles to celebrate Somerset winning the cup.

And it’s doubles that I’ve decided to play for in this weekends football with

Dundee

and

Notts County

both getting off to winning starts last weekend and both expected to go well this season in their leagues both have tough away games but at evens are worth a pop.

Brentford

were my long-shot pick to go up this season and they also got off to a flyer last week winning 3-1 away to Carlisle and put in a good but defeated carling cup game against Bristol City in midweek so i’ve put them in the mix to beat Brighton.

Notts County win (1/1) / Brentford win (6/5) £5.00 double
    Brentford win (6/5) / Dundee win (1/1) £5.00 double
    Dundee win (1/1) / Notts County win (1/1) £5.00 double

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Spurs v Liverpool – sunday

Liverpool have drifted slightly in the market for this game possibly because of speculation wether Gerrard will be fit or not. Spurs have brought Bassong to plug their injured defence but still look a little light in that department and

if

Liverpool create as many chances as they did against Spurs last season and have their shooting boots on this time then they can run up a cricket score.

£5.00

Liverpool

– 13/10

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

When i said I’m keeping track of my football bets this season i didn’t realise id be £25 down in the first week and i forgot to say that i had given myself a £100 budget so this could be a very short thread at this rate, but I’ve still got £75 pound to play with and hopefully i will land something soon or it could become a bit embarrassing.

P/L Acca -£25.00

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Sunderland v Chelsea – away win 4/7
    Liverpool v Stoke – home win 3/10

£15-00 double.

Liverpool are better than their performance on Sunday and Stoke will make it hard for them, two 0-0’s last season but I’m sticking with the reds to come good. I also think Chelsea will be too good for Sunderland with Anelka and Drogba upfront being a handful for anyone.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Sunderland v Chelsea – away win 4/7
    Liverpool v Stoke – home win 3/10

£15-00 double.

Won – return £30.64 so +£15.64

Total P/L Acca

-£9.36

[/color:mab1s39p]

Notts County v Dagenham & Redbridge

Both sides scoring goals for fun, Dag 12 goals in 3 league games and Notts Co 10 in 3. I can see goals in this aswell and will play the first goalscorer market each/way 5places at 1/3 the odds.

Lee Hughes

is use to playing at a higher level and has already bagged 3 goals this season if they provide him enough service should finish top scorer in this league imo. Dags top scorer

Paul Benson

hit 4 in his last match so will be confident going into this match. I will also back the draw in case both sides try to cancel each other out.

Lee Hughes – £2.50 each/way firstgoalscorer 4/1
    Paul Benson – £2.50 e/w 1st goalscorer 7/1
    Notts Co v Dag & Redbridge – £5.00 draw 11/4

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Lee Hughes – £2.50 each/way firstgoalscorer 4/1
    Paul Benson – £2.50 e/w 1st goalscorer 7/1
    Notts Co v Dag & Redbridge – £5.00 draw 11/4

Lee Hughes scored 1st – return 18.33, total profit from 3 bets £3.33

Total P/L Acca

-6.03[/color:3162x8ph]

Liverpool v Aston Villa

My brother is a Villa fan and keeps telling how not very good they are at the moment. 2/5 Pool win does not appeal and a clean sheet is odds on so I’m having a fiver on the reds to win to nil.

Liverpool to win to nil

£5.00 – 11/10

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Liverpool to win to nil

£5.00 – 11/10

Lost, my brother has been on the phone today telling me how good Villa are now. :evil:

Total P/L Acca

-11.03[/color:2obbppje]

Reading v Barnsley

Reading’s first team having been struggling a bit so far this season and seem to be in a period of transition losing Doyle to Wolves will be a miss and they seem a little light upfront, add that to the boss saying he will ring the changes for tonights game and play youth/fringe players i think Barnsley are worth a shot at the odds.

Barnsley to win £5.00 – 7/2

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Barnsley to win £5.00 – 7/2

Barnsley one up, all going to plan then Reading level in the 90th minute, only for Barnsley to score a penalty straight after. :shock:

Won – return £22.50 so +£17.50

Total P/L Acca

+£6.47[/color:1y1i77wy]

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Liverpool have lost two out of three but the latest defeat to Villa was slight unfortunate in my view with Liverpool keeping good possession and making many chances with only a combination of good Villa defending and lady luck shining down on Brad Friedel keeping them out, a must win game with the International break looming up. If Dundee are as good as i think they are then they should be able to take care of lowly Airdrie.

Bolton v

Liverpool

away win 4/7
    Airdrie v

Dundee

away win 4/5

£5.00 Double

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Bolton v

Liverpool

away win 4/7
    Airdrie v

Dundee

away win 4/5

£5.00 Double

Lost.

Total P/L Acca

+£1.47[/color:k7icy5pn]

Portsmouth v Man City

It could be a difficult season for Portsmouth having already lost their opening three games and in financial troubles a huge contrast to that of Man City who are in the wealth and won their opening games. I’m not getting involved with the match betting as i feel Portsmouth will be really up for this with the new takeover and playing at home but i am playing the first goalscorer with

Shaun Wright-Phillips

14/1 an attacking winger and a stand out price in my opinion(you can get Barry at 16’s) scored in mid-week and if Portsmouth show any weakness City should create many chances.

Wright-Phillips £2.00 each way first goalscorer 14/1 (1/3 – 5 places.)

Member since March 2008
    SareTa
    • Total Posts 2

Rugby is for men. They dont have pads… Except for the head…

Although football is for men, they have too much equipment

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Rugby is for men. They dont have pads… Except for the head…

Although football is for men, they have too much equipment

Hello Sara Ta, i think you are thinking of American football. If football players had less equipment they would be nearly naked and demand more money from supporters.

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Wright-Phillips £2.00 each way first goalscorer 14/1 (1/3 – 5 places.)

Lost.

Total P/L Acca

-£2.53[/color:3hfmwept]

If

Notts County

were a cricket player they would be Imran Tahir the Hampshire leg spinner and bully of tailenders. I’m not saying that Burton are tailenders but Notts County have been bully’s so far at home this season with wins of 4-0 and 3-0 and despite losing twice away still look a class above the other teams in this division imo.

Lee Hughes

is due another goal on the way to becoming top scorer so I’ve gone for a long shot scorecast aswell.

Leeds

have been leaving it late to win games but must be delighted with the points on the board. Simon Grayson has really impressed me this season and doesn’t seem to take any game for granted with his selections and with Beckford in good form upfront i expected their winning run to continue against Stockport.

Notts Co 8/15 + Leeds 1/3 – £15.00 win double.

Lee Hughes to score the first goal + Notts Co to win 4-0 scorecast 66/1 – £2.00

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

Notts Co 8/15 + Leeds 1/3 – £15.00 win double.

Lee Hughes to score the first goal + Notts Co to win 4-0 scorecast 66/1 – £2.00

Lost.

Total P/L

-£19.53[/color:305svu2d]

England

have everything in their favour tonight and should be well fired up, already have a good lead in the table, home advantage, looking to revenge the bad memories suffered against Croatia in 2007 and a place in the 2010 World Cup awaiting them with a victory aswell as trying to impress Capello to cement their own places on the plane to South Africa.

£5.00 – England win to nil 11/8

Member since March 2008
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25901

£5.00 – England win to nil 11/8

Lost. Total P/L Acca

-£24.53[/color:1nd139t1]

Leeds travel to Southend tonight with a full strength squad to pick from which must be full of confidence on the back of making club history after breaking their record of consecutive victory’s in a row.

£10.00 –

Leeds

@evens.

Member since March 2008
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.