The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mubaashir

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

If this doesn’t win I won’t post anymore tips in this section ever again.

5pts win Mubaashir @ 9/4 (Betfair)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Without going into prices and value etc, I think the Ryan colt is a better prospect, has shown similar form but escapes a 5-lb penalty. I think he’ll beat the Dunlop horse.

• Total Posts 2065

On official figures I can understand that DJ but I’ve got to trust my own figures and with the step up in trip expected to suit I’ve got to go with Mubaashir.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

I would be with FSL on this one.<br> Mubaashir would be expected to improve for the step-up in trip and is already proven on fast ground, whereas Sadeek needed every yard of a soft ground 6f at York to get on top. He is said to have improved since then, but with both track and ground apparently against him, he would need to have.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I suggest you watch the race again Reet Hard. Sadeek travelled powerfully up with the pace and was still on the bridle 2f out. Hardly the running style of a horse that needs every yard. There is also reason to expect him to improve on that with this just his second run whereas Mubasshir’s is his third. Didn’t Mubaashir very much get the run of the race at Chester? Lord Charles and Cav Okay going off too quick and setting it up for the horse with the stamina for 6f? Doesn’t the proximity of Mind The Style also hold that form down? He wasn’t sighted behind Sonny Red in a listed event at Goodwood last time.

How you can possibly reason that the track and ground are against him I really don’t know. Just because he has shown he goes on soft doesn’t mean he won’t act on good. I think you will find that most horses act on good ground;)

I don’t understand your comment FSl regrading official figures. As far as I am aware Matthew Tester hasn’t published any BHB ratings for 2-y-o’s as of yet.

Should be a good race anyway.

• Total Posts 2065

Sorry DJ I meant ratings that everyone else uses like RPR and timeform?

I caught a replay of the race with Sadeek in this morning at my local bookies (they were previewing this race) and the commentator said "Abraham Lincoln was toying with Sadeek". Okay so Sadeek showed some heart to battle back in front but it was under pressure  towards for a whiel and I feel Mubaashirs stamina will kick in over the extra furlong. Additionally how will Sadeek handle the ground? Too many negatives at 11/10 for me wheras Mubaashir is 5/2.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

dj<br> It very much depends on how you look at it.<br> Sadeek was asked to accelerate in a truly run race, on slower ground, and a stiffer track, and was found wanting until the very last strides.<br> Today he faces a sharper, downhill track, much faster ground, (g/f, at least, is my guess),and a horse that has the speed to win twice over sharp 5f’s. I think he’ll be found wanting!  

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

I hope you’re right FSL as this is in my sels for Cormacks comp :)  I agree with you’re reasoning too and the price of the fav with doubts in my mind over ground and trip makes it opposable to me also.  It’s 4th best  bet of the day for me though so misses out on getting my money by one, unless one of the other 3 become a non-runner

• Total Posts 2065

Well done David. Extremely disappointed with Mubaashir from my point of view.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Thanks FSL.

The run of Always Fruitful caught the eye and pays a compliment to Hellvellyn of Bryan Smart’s that beat it all end up at Pontefract last Friday.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

<br> DJ

Okay; I’m convinced!:biggrin:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.