The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mickmacmagoole

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    SirHarryLewisSirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

Quote: from reet hard on 12:51 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

Quote: from davidjohnson on 10:30 am on June 12, 2007[br]Reet

I’ve got no sympathy for anyone that expects a Group 2 winning daughter on Montjeu, who proved best last season at 12f+ to be teed up and ready to run to her best in a listed race on her reappearance over a trip she has never run over.

Maybe not dj, but the fact she went off a short-priced 2nd fav shows she wasn’t unbacked by a good few, and they had every right to expect a proper ride for their money.<br>Or is integrity only important when it’s Barney’s horse?

(Edited by reet hard at 12:52 pm on June 12, 2007)<br>

I think a fair point is being made by Reet.  I suppose you have to ask yourself the question.  For who’s benefit is a trainer really working on. Is it for the good of the public, the owner, the horse or the media??  Its a tricky tightrope to walk because what favours one will not nescessarily favour the other.

SHL

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Quote: from madman marz on 12:42 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

its gone beyond a joke, Martin is laughing at the authorities.<br>

<br>And I’m laughing with him ……. all the way to the bank!!!

Seriously Madman, a lot less vitriol and a little more form-study ( = reading-the-markets ) would be to your financial advantage. Not being facetious or anything, but it’s not rocket science!

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from hoofhearted on 5:50 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

Quote: from madman marz on 12:42 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

its gone beyond a joke, Martin is laughing at the authorities.<br>

<br>And I’m laughing with him ……. all the way to the bank!!!

Seriously Madman, a lot less vitriol and a little more form-study ( = reading-the-markets ) would be to your financial advantage. Not being facetious or anything, but it’s not rocket science!

I don’t back market movers I back form, hoof. If your making a profit following Martin morning movers with no earthly form, fair play, I for the most part avoid his horses.<br>I suppose you will tell me you backed Northern Alliance rather than Missgoodytwoshoes, who’s form in the race was an absoluete stand out in a dreadful race. My point been, how many punters out there backed the obvious in their various bets be it single or multiple, only to be out done by another miraculous Martin improver, in the same bleeding race.<br>Racing seems to have some sort of admiration for these so called shrewdies, you obviously fit into this bracket, hoof. What is there to admire by blatant cheating, its not rocket science to stop a horse.<br>Rid racing of the Curleys, Martins & Wighams. I know there is plenty of other cheats out there, but none so blatant as the a/m trio, as said hundred times before, they for the most part get away scot free.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

<br>

(Edited by madman marz at 8:52 pm on June 12, 2007)

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Quote: from madman marz on 6:39 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

Racing seems to have some sort of admiration for these so called shrewdies, you obviously fit into this bracket

Rid racing of the Curleys, Martins & Wighams. I know there is plenty of other cheats out there

Ah, for the love of Pete, willya give it up Marz! <br>Embrace the wild and wonderful world of racing with all its foibles and unforeseen outcomes that don’t necessarily follow what the "Form Book" tells you should happen. Accept the "outrageous fortune" that can occur in Racing as it can in any pursuit of chance. Learn to read between the lines and try not to be so wrapped up with "form". Not every result — if it goes against you — is a reason to shout CHEAT! When something happens that you did not foresee/forecast and puzzles you make it your mission to discover why YOU did not notice an outstanding pointer/hint (for surley there will be one). You CAN profit from your mistakes if you are prepared to analyze the result and accept that in future you will adjust your selection methods accordingly. Thus doing, instead of constantly bitching/whining/whingeing, you may find that the holy grail of long-term profitability is indeed achievable.

And  lose all that anger and resentment inside you. :)

Regards,<br>And Peace,<br>Jack C.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Bit of an each way touch landed by Wintle in the last at Worcester tonight, 33’s into 8’s for Won More Night (sp?)

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Quote: from Irish Stamp on 9:11 pm on June 12, 2007[br]Bit of an each way touch landed by Wintle in the last at Worcester tonight, 33’s into 8’s for Won More Night (sp?)<br>

<br>Do trainers prepare a horse for an EACH/WAY wager?

It looked like a failed gamble to me!!!

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from hoofhearted on 8:27 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

Quote: from madman marz on 6:39 pm on June 12, 2007[br]

Racing seems to have some sort of admiration for these so called shrewdies, you obviously fit into this bracket

Rid racing of the Curleys, Martins & Wighams. I know there is plenty of other cheats out there

Ah, for the love of Pete, willya give it up Marz! <br>Embrace the wild and wonderful world of racing with all its foibles and unforeseen outcomes that don’t necessarily follow what the "Form Book" tells you should happen. Accept the "outrageous fortune" that can occur in Racing as it can in any pursuit of chance. Learn to read between the lines and try not to be so wrapped up with "form". Not every result — if it goes against you — is a reason to shout CHEAT! When something happens that you did not foresee/forecast and puzzles you make it your mission to discover why YOU did not notice an outstanding pointer/hint (for surley there will be one). You CAN profit from your mistakes if you are prepared to analyze the result and accept that in future you will adjust your selection methods accordingly. Thus doing, instead of constantly bitching/whining/whingeing, you may find that the holy grail of long-term profitability is indeed achievable.

And  lose all that anger and resentment inside you. :)

Regards,<br>And Peace,<br>Jack C.<br>

Oh I do spot plenty of pointers, hoof, I am at it a long time now.<br>Still doesn’t mean I have to sit back and admire.<br>

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Would be stupid not to HH.  There’s another thread floating around about the place market over at Betfair.

If you can get 100’s win and 12’s place on the machine then it would be stupid to whack the whole £5,000 on the win would it not?

Always amuses me people betting each way on 6/4 and 7/2 shots, it’s pointless.  I always back each way if it’s bigger than 4/1 or 5/1 (depending on the race) etc.

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Ooooooh, A.J. Martin does it again 10 minutes ago!<br>Green Mile gambled from early this morning for the 4.05 Fairyhouse.<br>Wins at 5/2 in an 18 runner handicap hurdle with previous form showing 090-0

Heh heh, a son of Montjeu running in a 2.2 mile £7,000 handicap hurdle. This man is a — oh I don’t know!

(Edited by hoofhearted at 4:27 pm on June 17, 2007)

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.