The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Meydan 2010

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6049

It starts tomorrow i loved Nad Al Sheba last year and can’t wait for this event which starts tomorrow.
    I am a big Mike De Kock fan so i be doing most of his horses.

Any horses to look out for tomorrow or in the next few months.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Agreed Darren 83. This year’s Carnival is going to be the best yet and I’m counting down the hours till tomorrow night. That tasty little group race at the end of the night is just mouthwatering.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Really looking forward to it. I’m off tomorrow, if I can motivate myself might make the short hop across the Gulf to be there on opening night.

rich1985
    • Total Posts 1222

Godolphin have their usual cohort out in force and based on their hot streak at the back end of the flat season, they should have at least 2 or 3 winners or so. But it all looks very hard from a betting perspective as it is a new surface and surroundings, a lot of the runners haven’t won for a while obviously and there are a few dark horses lurking here and there so I doubt I’ll be having a bet. However Richard Hills invariably has a big price winner here and there so I’ll be looking to see what he rides tomorrow with interest. Will be fascinating to watch in any case!

deltaman
    • Total Posts 190

Google…dubairacenight
    Good Luck!

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Free Timeform racecard for Meydan tonight here…..

https://www.timeform.com/select_racecard.asp

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6049

What you guys think of the event today and my fave trainer at the meeting Mike De Kock got a double that 1st winner looks quite good as well.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

For the TV viewer, Darren, the whole experience is improved. The camera angle has changed and the whole thing has a Santa Anita flavour to it, with the horses fanning across the track entering the stretch. Tapeta looks fair. Aesthetically, I’m impressed. Two or three really good performances with a good spread of winners but for me, Sir Gerry was the star of the show. If only Johnny Best was in publicly better form, that 25/1 would have been Christmas once more.

After this week, I’m loathe to praise Sheikh Mohammed and his family for fear of being accused of being an employee of the Dubai Tourist Board by the resident Ballydoyleys and Tweedmen, but I loved his comment that he doesn’t care who wins, just as long as people come and compete. That’s a sportsman.

It’s going to be a great six weeks.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6049

Day 2 is tomorrow as always i follow the Mike De Kock horses and has some good chances tomorrow with.

Musir.A exciting horse it is
    Frozen Fire.Former Irish Derby winner
    King Of Rome.

Also Stoic for Noseda runs tomorrow as well

And Crowded House will be racing as well though i do not think he win.

Any thoughts on Meydan tomorrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Although it’s early days and many of the races have indistinct form lines, the first race tomorrow looks pretty straightforward with most of the principals being UK regulars.
    I quite like the look of Swift Gift in this. Invariably runs well fresh, won the Victoria Cup f.t.u. last year and ran a blinder considering his tortuous passage in the valuable Totesport Challenge at the end of his season. Looked then as though a little further wouldn’t go amiss, and ought to stay well enough on this easier track; hasn’t the best of draws, but as a hold up horse with Ted Durcan doing the steering, that isn’t insurmountable.
    Great to have some quality midweek racing again, after the past few weeks it almost gives one a purpose in life. 8)

ecb09
    • Total Posts 1

oh man. Just posted about this. haha. Can’t wait for this! I started a facebook group. So far i’m the only member. haha

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi … 299&ref=mf

Gazs Way De Solzen
    • Total Posts 2441

Wow just how good does Meydan look, amazing.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6049

Mike De Kock has had 5 winners since last week top trainer he is and one of his top horses is racing tomorrow.Zirconeum A very hyped horse he is.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.