The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mentally scarred at Xmas

Home Forums Lounge Mentally scarred at Xmas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

A young boy<br> looked in his Xmas stocking<br> only to find a foul smelling object<br> that resembled something his mother might wear<br> beneath her ra ra.

He picked the object up<br> looked starward<br> and thanked Santa<br> for life’s small mysteries.

Then he went round and around<br> he was on setting five<br> and he could see the raindeer

<br> sorry this was meant to be in the cracker section :(

jairducochetfan
    • Total Posts 139

That would be a harsh Christmas in anyones book :(

Best wishes for the New Year gamble!

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Likewise Jair get your knees up,<br> but we’ve got roast bird before that

A lot of kids get persilled at Xmas time<br> poor little urchins.<br> Kids are for life<br> not just for Xmas time.

Think next time you roll over !

Little johneee :armbounce:

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

da sheep has returned for a quick visit , welcome back wolly one , you have been missed

ricky :)

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Good to see you Ricky<br> and yes it is a quick visit.<br> Have you been reading my diary ?<br> I want to spread some warmth<br> you can call me shorn<br> with the fringe on top :biggrin:

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Oh wooliest one,are you ever likely to visit our beautiful Principality?……… my heart bleats to meet you.

Colin

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Birdwatcher Colin<br> it’s a very slim Xmas<br> chickabiddy with bacon wrapping<br> and some gooey white sauce<br> I’ll keep the pudding secret :cheesy:

I rarely visit those merry<br> carnarvon hills<br> although <br> I bolted once on a horse <br> in a place called llangorse :knight:<br>

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Birdwatcher Colin<br> it’s a very slim Xmas<br> chickabiddy with bacon wrapping<br> and some gooey white sauce<br> I’ll keep the pudding secret :cheesy:

I rarely visit those merry<br> carnarvon hills<br> although <br> I bolted once on a horse <br> in a place called llangorse :knight:<br>

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

How you doing, gamble,hope you’re not feeling too isolated at this strange time in the World.

Would be great if you could log in and let us know you’re still about Your posts on a few fora over the last 20 years? have been a joy. Not many like you left now. You are a relic of times gone by, a much loved and respected relic.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

ttt

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22925

don’t forget Ricky
    pop in Ricky and let us know you are safe
    :bye: :bye: :bye:

Member since March 2008
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Yes, who could forget Ricky!

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Well waking the dead is an enviable talent Tank which may have repercussions for the health of this forum. Bringing up old logs from the past is of credit but sadly many ld scriptures have been lost or burned – buried in inaccessible ground. As for what the old relic has been up to – well I have never been busier and set my alarm early at 6am this morning for the remainder of the race meeting in Pinjarra. Due to large wine consumption last night I snoozed on missing a couple of races. I believe Ricky’s P&O liner docked in Victoria Docks in Perth all those years ago. He wrote from the liner as some may remember bored out if his eggshells. Year 2012/13 I would hazard. Pinjarra is about 50 miles from there.

I am in London in the worst hotspot in the UK but possibly now overtaken by the East Midlands and am one of the millions of unpaid carers that cannot properly self isolate as I need to travel, and was using the tube system ( at sensible times ) until last week. Now they have relaxed parking I drive and am out 3 days a week. I have to prepare for Tampa this evening and Singapore have sensibly stopped racing. I do not think Cheltenham should have taken place. Madi Gras is forty times thicker but look at the consequences. I will make some more tea and will be back. I hope to write today but am to busy after that really. Tank you Tank for your concern and interest – in one old relic :unsure:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22925

Gamble
    welcome
    home
    :bye:

Member since March 2008
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Thank you Nathan but I have never really left – I do not look in quite as often these days but do read the horseracing section and catch up. I spend many hours a day in the betting markets now ( in fact my right index finger is slightly swollen and tender from overuse of my tablet and it is not that comfortable to write ) but the boards were my distraction and addiction for many years. There is regret that I did not take full advantage of the betting side during the tax free years-however it was all very much in the moment and exciting – I do regret my addiction that much and in the markets I do not trade. Trading was inevitable but it spoilt the game.

The lockdown should have started two weeks earlier and looking at the comparative scale – UK acted two days after Italy. I come from a long line of fishes and my body temperature nestles between 34 and 35 so when I suffered a “fever” of 37 and rang 911 a couple of weeks ago – she went off to ask someone. ” No its got to be 38.7 “. I asked if the testing drive in centre was open in Parsons Green. She said we have stopped all public testing as we are expecting the virus to run through the community and people to gain immunity. She left out the word herd and I was polite enough not to make any animal noises.

Every time I go out driving I see two or three ambulances rushing somewhere with lights on and sirens blaring with some poor soul in the back. Timing is important and getting the timing right for people to follow instruction is a science in itself – but the dead cannot sit on their hands.

flatcapgamble : How do you make it safe at home ? Go out for a walk and don’t come back !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.