The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nil Desperandum

Home Forums Memorials Nil Desperandum

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    thebroons
    • Total Posts 29

another fine horse has died today at uttoxeter nil desperandum thought he deserved a mention:( :(  

(Edited by thebroons at 5:04 pm on Mar. 17, 2007)

Danny
    • Total Posts 790

Shame he ran brilliantly last time out when winning – he would have been a major contender in the national aswell. RIP

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

A devastating loss, don’t know what happened except he pulled up very quickly.

I really think it would have had a great chance in the National too, condolences to connections and RIP Nil Desperandum, desperate news.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

I followed him for years. Great character. Seemed to have rekindled his enthusiasm with Venetia, tragic end, RIP old friend

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 60

you know what i think really sucks. all these horse that unfotunately pass away, and other than those of us who care online, no one gives them a mention or a second thought. All the racing post writes, is fell, pulled up… dead. Surely there is a nicer way of acknowledging their passing. Nil Desperandum, i always liked that horse, just as i did alessandro severo, who died last year and never got a second mention. :(

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 60

can i also say, he was pulled up as he shattered a pastern on landing at the 8th fence, he jumped the fence fine, it was an unfortunate landing.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8799

I harboured long cherished hopes that Nil Desperandum might win a Grand National one day. Sadly not to be.

RIP

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I was so looking forward to seeing him in the National. He had an outstanding chance. Such a sad end.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Goes along with Blowing Wind (and Clan Royal provisionally) for me as one of the greatest National Horses never to actually win it. He was a brave thing and will be sadly missed, especially at Aintree in 3/4 weeks time.

BeeforSalmon
    • Total Posts 2

Died a few months back but i think he deserves gratitude for what he has done. He Pulled up at Uttoxeter with a suspected broken leg unfortunately had to be put down.

my comiserations to the owner and may he rest in peace.<br>After great performences against the lights of Beef or Salmon and Hedgehunter in the Grand National finishing 4th

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

rip he was ace

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7853

would have been at Uttoxeter that day, but had gone to Northumberland and was watching the race on the telly. I’m so glad I wasn’t there, he’d been one of my favourites for a long time. He was descended from the Vulgan bloodline which took me back to my childhood….never understand why some horses just capture your heart and others don’t. It’s always mixed emotions when they retire, relief that they’re still in one piece but sadness never to see them on the racetrack again mo

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.