The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Matt Chapman

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

This guy is doing my freakin head in. Has the guy got a mental problem or is he the least sane member of the Derek Thompson family?

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2921

He’s a **** who single-handedly can spoil a good days racing.

The Wizard
    • Total Posts 92

I have to offer a different opinion as I find him very entertaining and does a lot for the sport with his enthusiasm and jovial (sometime juvenile) antics!

michaelf
    • Total Posts 2

Yes, he is juvenile and over the top but he at least realises it and takes the p*** out of himself. It depends what mood I’m in whether I can take him or not but all in all I think he must get credit for his enthusiasm.

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Quote: from The Wizard on 8:24 pm on May 2, 2007[br]I have to offer a different opinion as I find him very entertaining and does a lot for the sport with his enthusiasm and jovial (sometime juvenile) antics!<br>

+1

Can’t believe how many whiners there are r.e. racing hosts/commentators on here (thought that was the preserve of the Betfair forum).

If you don’t like what is currently out there, get off your arse and go and do better yourself!

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

Quote: from yeats on 5:03 pm on May 2, 2007[br]He’s a **** who single-handedly can spoil a good days racing.<br>

<br>Absolutely! He’s unbearable.

<br>And no I couldn’t do better myself, but I’m not being paid to do the job. I hope even I’d be less annoying though!

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2921

Quote: from Pegwell Bay on 1:29 am on May 3, 2007[br]

Quote: from The Wizard on 8:24 pm on May 2, 2007[br]I have to offer a different opinion as I find him very entertaining and does a lot for the sport with his enthusiasm and jovial (sometime juvenile) antics!<br>

+1

Can’t believe how many whiners there are r.e. racing hosts/commentators on here (thought that was the preserve of the Betfair forum).

If you don’t like what is currently out there, get off your arse and go and do better yourself!<br>

Don’t talk through your back entry Pegwell Bay, what do you consider a horse racing forum should discuss? All aspects of horse racing maybe?<br>If someones not keen on a certain jockey do you suggest they jump up on the back of a horse and show them how it’s done?

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Quote: from yeats on 7:22 am on May 3, 2007<br>If someones not keen on a certain jockey do you suggest they jump up on the back of a horse and show them how it’s done?

YES!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

……..as A.P. said about Lydia.;)

Criticism good or bad of trainers, owners, jockeys, TV presenters and journalists is surely what racing forums are about.

I have e-mailed and phoned Racing UK to complain about their output on a number of occassions, and I must say my bluff was called when I was offered the gig of being a guest presenter. I would definitely do a "Paul Haigh", I just know I would!! (Sorry, Paul).:o

Coming back to Chapman, I have the feeling that one day he is going to get into to trouble. Sometimes his mouth seems out of control and I feel it is inevitable that eventually he is going to say something slanderous.

I just hope that his producers will stand by him if/when that happens.

Colin

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Quality post there at the top … incisive, and worthy of endless discussion …

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

If he is in the booth tonight for Teddy’s race (the 7.05) he will be at his most excrutiating worst if he wins.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

We’ll put up with that, GD!!!:biggrin:

Colin

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

I think he’s a great presenter! :)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

……………and I think you are a great comedian!!!!!;) :biggrin:

Colin

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Chapman is an a*se – both on and off screen going by what I know of him.  End of story!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.