Matt Chapman at it again…..

Home Forums Horse Racing Matt Chapman at it again…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    wordfromthewise
    Participant
    • Total Posts 446

Does anyone find Matt Chapman’s on course trophy presentation style anything other than utterly embarrassing?

Why oh why did York think he would be suitable for such an important event like the Juddmonte.

If you didn’t hear it ,it was class-free,gravitas -free and totally inappropriate ….he was on exactly the kind of form that got him sacked from ‘Dancing On Ice’ after just 1 show…he sounded like one of those London Underground platform announcers who think it’s about them and think they’re at Madison Square Garden.

One of the races of the season made to feel like something out of a race night by Chapmans chavvy showing off.Awful.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

I physically cringed, WFTW. So embarrassing.
    It’s British Racing, not American Wrestling.
    There was also a swipe at Sir Michael Stoute in the presentation speech.

What an idiot. :negative:

value is everything
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

I think its brilliant
    we need to move with the times
    we can’t stand still etc

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

“move with the times”. LOL

I agree that many presentations aren’t bigging the event up enough, Nathan. So yes they could do with spicing up a bit. But this went totally over the top.

value is everything
    seaing starsseaing stars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 67

My family don’t have a clue who Matt Chapman is (he will be sorry to hear) but we were ALL cringing.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8723

Mr Chapman is too fond of the sound of his own booming voice he totally spoilt the presentations both yesterday and today. :yes:

I just had the volume on mute and enjoyed it much better and turn the subtitles on if you want more info. :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1132

“I just had the volume on mute…”

You can still see him, unfortunately.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8723

‘You can still see him, unfortunately’
    LOL Gladiateur
    That is the downside, hoping Oli Bell might take over for the last two days.

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5658

Ghastly presenter.

He sums-up ITV1 really – This Morning, Loose Woman, Ant & Dec, Jeremy Kyle, etc, etc.

Chivers1987Chivers1987
    Participant
    • Total Posts 887

I only tend to turn the TV on 5 minutes before a race so I don’t see much but what really irks me recently are the blatant untruths of a horses morning price. He must be reading the prices from the printed RP which is just stupeed. Too many times I’ve heard him give a misrepresentation of an early morning price when that price was never available. It genuinely annoys me.

I do get the feeling he’s being made to be as brash as possible on ITV though. I know it’s part of his nature anyway but I’d quite happily watch him all day on ATR. He’s fun and at times quite charming to watch. On ITV he is just annoying.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 833

I find him awful and you can see that many trainers do not like to be approached by him which means we as viewers will ultimately suffer as the trainers wont open up.

Oli Bell is excellent and clearly well liked by pretty much everybody. I feel Francesca has actually improved over the last few months and isnt as bad as she was. As for the pretty boy off love island whatever his name may be my sugestion is ITV tell pretty boy and chapman they are going to star on a bear grylls type island survival program on prime time tv.

Drop them off on a deserted island and never go back to get them.

TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1068

Actually I don’t mind the Love Island chap. If they’re trying to engage on social media, I think they’d struggle to find anyone more suitable. It’s that silly “fashion” pair that I can’t stand. All they seem to do is drink anyway so I can’t see the point.

Agree that Chapman is probably being told to overdo it, which makes you wonder what demographic they think will be attracted to that. He can be fine, just seems to choose not to be. He certainly shouldn’t be doing the presentations. I suppose it’s got us talking though so maybe that’s the intention.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

Chris Hughes the bloke from Love Island
    went to school with Sam Twiston Davies I think and brought up with horses
    Gives hope to likes of Ginger who wants a place on Tv, get yourself on Love Island Mark, stepping stone etcs.. :heart:

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1008

I really like Matt Chapman on ATR; love his knowledge + enthusiasm. Don’t watch ITV much, suspect he is being instructed to act up a bit.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1894

The main positive (beautifully illustrated by this thread) of Chapman is his ability to rattle the Alpen-eating, cardigan-wearing group of fuddy-duddies loosely described as ‘Racing People’.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.