The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Mares Chase

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Allegorie de vasy makes her chase debut in a grade 2 novice today

Doesn’t look a very strong race but a chance for her to lay a marker down

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Added ADV 5-2. Should come on a ton for that after the layoff.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Kind of mad that all you need to do ante-post is follow the money blind on the Mullins and Henderson horses lol definitely need to take better advantage of it next year.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

She looked so good she could take on the boys

You’d imagine like colreevy this would be more likely though

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Yeah the fact she went from 10-1 to 4-1 in the ante post markets for this a couple of months ago tells you all you need to know about her target!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Her jumping was brilliant, you wouldn’t have known she was a beginner.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

Cashed out Telmesomethinggirl. Switch to hurdles a distinct possiblity.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3467

Shes a rotten jumper, mares hurdle looks very deep though

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Wrong thread

Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

This isn’t a race that I have that much interest in, but I’ve had a bet on Pink Legend at 40-1 ew non runner no bet

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Allegori De Vassy certainly enjoys her fences lol jumped so high and a bit to the right at the first, so much so Paul Townend nearly flew off her! Incredible job to stay on board!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

great performance that, albeit against trees, the mare is certainly a confident jumper, no fear at all, doesn’t mind meeting one long and seemingly has the jumping strength and ability to get over a fence no matter how far from it she takes off. Obviously a little sketchy, but I’d rather have a horse who’s confident rather than unconfident when it comes to jumping its fences. Clearly has a mega engine too, won hard held on the bridle again about 20 lengths clear of 2nd.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Poor Townend probably singing an octave higher after crash landing on her neck…watching her cantering on the spot at the start you knew you were in for a viewing spectacle. What a fab looking animal. I hope she stays safe and sound, she’s all legs. Bit of a Douvan/Allaho vibe going on. I suppose she’ll toddle around mares’ chases for the next few years – well maybe the John Durkan next year if GDC doesn’t go there for some reason- but, if her jumping gets neater and a bit more economical I would love to see her try to win the King George from the front. There’s no way she would be campaigned live that but it would be some sight.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

“Obviously a little sketchy, but I’d rather have a horse who’s confident rather than unconfident when it comes to jumping its fences. ”

Definitely and technique can always be improved. White knuckles galloping flat out downhill towards a fence in a festival race though…I bet she’s terrifying/thrilling to ride, you would be buzzed on adrenaline for half an hour after that. At least she has the scope and power to get herself out of (most) trouble .

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“watching her cantering on the spot at the start you knew you were in for a viewing spectacle”

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing greengrass!! The mare just loves it doesn’t she, proper show off and shes certainly self aware of her own ability.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

“Definitely and technique can always be improved. White knuckles galloping flat out downhill towards a fence in a festival race though…I bet she’s terrifying/thrilling to ride, you would be buzzed on adrenaline for half an hour after that.”

Oh for sure mate, I think last year though she proved she has the speed for it and, maybe I’m viewing it from a biased perspective because I have her in my ante post accumulators, but I feel like she has the ability to get herself out of trouble, that first fence she cleared by about a foot!! You could tell she just wanted to show off lol. Lets hope she doesn’t meet one too long though lol.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

She will need some engine to cancel out her jumping at Cheltenham. She is stiff backed at her jumps, tending to go through the air rather than over the jumps, if you know what I mean; they sound the same but are not. If you imagine that what is in her mind is, ‘I must not let my hind feet touch the fence’, it gives a better perspective. But launching like that at every fence is a big energy sapper and it tires the muscles she uses to take off. Watch her three out and two out, where those muscles aren’t quite up to it after what they have put in – she leaves her feet in the fence. She does it again to a lesser extent catching just the top of the last after, I think, having a fairly long run from 2 out to let those muscles recover.

Still, it ain’t the Gold Cup, and she might simply be good enough to see it out in March. Good luck if you’ve backed her.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.