The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Major Eazy – Very Impressive

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Major Eazy – Very Impressive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    alan1
    • Total Posts 167

I thought we saw a potential star last night at Lingfield. Major Eazy won by 5 lengths easing down and the time was .7 seconds (7 lengths) faster than the 0-75 3yo Hcap which followed.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

0.7 seconds is not equivalent to 7 lengths.

The fixed conversion is 5 lengths per second. The "real" conversion is about 6 lengths per second in this instance.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Pru

As I understand it, the fixed conversion refers to the fact that 1 length is 0.2 seconds now and doesn’t imply any actual measurement of a horse-length.

What do you mean by the ‘real’ conversion?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

According to most calculations, a horse will travel approximately 6 lengths in a second when covering around 12 secs per furlong, as Major Eazy did, though it will be returned as 5 lengths regardless. The "real" conversion of time to distance depends on the horses’ speeds, obviously.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I haven’t looked at the form and time merit of Major Eazy’s win yet, but it would not really be a surprise if this well-regarded horse were to prove useful. He shaped as if having more ability than the bare result suggests on most/all of his previous appearances.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Thanks for the reply, Pru.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I thought he won as his form entitled him to last night.

Out of interest Prufrock, what did you make of some of the distances returned at Newcastle on Thursday afternoon. The majority of them looked a fair bit less to the eye than the official.

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I didn’t look at them closely at the time and have not kept a recording, so I can’t comment helpfully.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

I remember from before that he was very well bred. Must check it oot.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.