The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Magnolia Stakes (Listed)

Home Forums Horse Racing Magnolia Stakes (Listed)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Sri Diamond  7/2 Sell<br>Charlie Cool  9/2 Buy<br>Imperial Star 11/2<br>Dansili Dancer 13/2 Buy<br>Cimyla  15/2<br>Nakeel 8/1<br>Grand Passion   17/2<br>Chicken Soup 16/1

<br>The above are the current  evening prices on the Exchanges with my preferences indicated. Any opinions on the outcome very welcome!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Zilzal

Although a 7yo with his best days probably behind him, I wouldn’t leave Grand Passion out of any calculations.<br>We know he’s fit, he ran an excellent race on this track over a distance short of his best in February, and, as he showed when hunting up Sri Diamond last year, and again in the Winter Derby lto, this stiffer track could well be a bonus.

(Edited by reet hard at 12:24 am on April 7, 2007)

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Maybe Nakheel can show how good he really is. The worry is he needs a run to get him going, but its a big price assuming it has all its talent still.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Concern with Grand Passion is he never seems to run two races the same any more. Also regarding Nakheel, I’d have to swerve him on the grounds of Sadler’s Wells’ poor record on AW.

Sri Diamond is too short considering he’s had problems, he was due to go to Dubai but didn’t and obviously had to miss the Winter Derby.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Cimyla for me – 15/2 for the win looks great value :)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Always liked charlie cool, although interestingly this is his first time right handed

Imperial star must have some scope to improve and Gosden can really get them ready first time out

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 669

Quote: from clivex on 11:27 am on April 7, 2007[br]

Imperial star must have some scope to improve and Gosden can really get them ready first time out

<br>Clivex closest to the mark. Hope he’s celebrating down at the track!

1st  7 Imperial Star (IRE)  8-1  <br> 2nd  5 Grand Passion (IRE)  8-1  <br> 3rd  1 Charlie Cool  5-2 F  <br>

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

I was :cool:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.