The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Loosen My Load

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Probably a little early to be talking about potential novices for Cheltenham but I suspect there can’t be too many better long-term prospects in Ireland. For me he was potentially the best to emerge from the summer bumpers and although the opposition was probably pretty poor he jumped exceptionally well when making his hurdling debut yesterday. Obviously, looks a future chaser but there must a fair chance he can take a decent novice hurdle when stepped up in trip. Probably will not want the ground too soft.

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Can you put a better title up next time.

Thought it was one of those spammers with something about helping men who cannot rise to the occasion.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Proper horse this.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

Looks a very promising horse. Should pick up a few decent novice hurdles before the year is out.

There’s always a few useful jumpers out during the festival at Listowel. Tom Mullins’ Some Slam really took the eye in the bumper on Monday . Katie Walsh could barely pull him up after the race.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8373

I know it’s bad luck to do so but I wish someone would re name the horse; probably the ugliest name for a horse I’ve ever heard. [don’t wish to offend anyone by saying this]

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Is it worse than Keep Your Bowels Open?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Awful name. What were/are the owners thinking?

Could they not change it to its Gaelic translation instead, to sex it up a bit?

"Bog Mo Ualach?"

Lincoln Duncan
    • Total Posts 157

It’s a lyric from an Eagles song, Take It Easy

Well I’ve been running down the road
    Trying to loosen my load
    Got seven women on my mind

etc

But it really isn’t a great name for a horse

ratpack
    • Total Posts 96

Lincoln is right in that it’s named after the lyrics from Take It Easy by The Eagles.

Linda Shanahan’s horses (the original owner of Loosen My Load) are often named after songs or albums. Rolling Stones afficionados would’ve picked up on Forty Licks and You’vegotmerocking who she had in training with O’Grady.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

Lincoln is right in that it’s named after the lyrics from Take It Easy by The Eagles.

Linda Shanahan’s horses (the original owner of Loosen My Load) are often named after songs or albums. Rolling Stones afficionados would’ve picked up on Forty Licks and You’vegotmerocking who she had in training with O’Grady.

When was the horse sold? I notice the horse was bought by Paul Webber – presumably one of the most expensive offspring of Dushyantor.

Had a little look at the pedigree. Not too many by his sire in the major yards although Nick Gifford has had a few including Dee Ee Williams who along with Academy Sir Harry (not sure what happened to him after promising start last year) are probably his best performers so far. The unraced dam comes from a decent family (likes of Everett and Cab On Target) although only Glenelly Gale has achieved much in more recent years.

ratpack
    • Total Posts 96

He was sold on after his debut win in Cork in line with a lot of their horses.

Dushyantor is a really likeable sire and instills great battling tendencies into his progeny. A nice bit of cover for Rathbarry should anything happen to their flag bearer Presenting.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

I was disappointed with him at Tipp but maybe the ground was just a bit lively for him that day.

Really shaped well today. He’ll make a great novice chaser next year.

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

I was really taken by this horse yesterday before the race and was delighted that he won so well.

Has a bit of ‘Sizing Europe’ about him – a very athletic looking individual.

The form looks pretty decent with Some Present chasing him home and you get the impression that whatever he does over hurdles, chasing will be his game.

Looks a natural to me.

A few photos of him after the race:

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 … CF1121.jpg

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii11 … CF1123.jpg

*Did anyone see the connections of Goldan Jess being interviewed by Nick Luck before the 3.35 yesterday?*

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Great pictures Bos.

Roddy Owen
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Some nice prices on him over the last few weeks for the Supreme Novice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.