The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Distance Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Distance Hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17079

Quality entry……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/36/newbury/2020-11-27/770499

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/long-distance-hurdle/winner

Really looking forward to seeing McFabulous again, and hoping he can continue to impress. I’ll not bet him here, and hopefully still have a live bet for The Stayers afterwards.

Still thinking about a bet in this, and seriously considering Honest Vic EW at 16’s. I think that’s a fair price.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Mcfabulous with a saver on thyme hill for me

Looks a brilliant race hopefully plenty of them hold their ground

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1277

What a race we have on our hands here. Impossible to nail my colours to the mast, so I’ll likely sit out. Though I’d love to see Paisley Park bounce back, there’s a lot of quality in the lineup to give him a run.

Quite possibly the race of the season thus far.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2366

Its basically the stayers hurdle without fury road and sire du berlais

Brilliant race

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

Really looking forward to this race. Won’t be betting on the outcome but i’d love to see Paisley and Sam Spinner return to somewhere near their best. McFabulous looked exactly that last time out and Thyme Hill could be the new kid on the block (Hobbs good ones have been very poor on seasonal debuts so far though).

Lets hope it lives up the the billing.

Ex RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1627

Another one worth an interest could be Aux Ptits Soins at 40/1. Now a 10-year old and for 575 days off, but really classy in his prime and maybe he has one race left in him. The ground will definitely suit.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17079

Still like my pair from my original post. I’ve followed McFabulous since Day One, and it’s been great to see him progress. More than happy with my 20’s for The Stayers though, so no need to bet him tomorrow.

Sam Spinner has gave me some fun the last couple of years, and he’s as good as most of these on his “A” Game. The big worry is his last run. Connections put it down to fences, but I’m a bit wary that he wasn’t actually right. Genuine worry that. Still, the 25’s was unreal. He either goes close or pulls up I reckon.

I’ve also went eventually with Honest Vic. He was the one I wanted Antepost, but I thought I’d wait, just in case.

Honest Vic 18’s
    Sam Spinner 25’s

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 468

Lisnagar Oscar at 14/1 looks big. His first run of the season wasn’t great, but in the previous seasons he ran better during the rest of the season.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17079

Agree DBR, looks a crazy price that, but can’t bet em all.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2881

I liked McFabulous for the Stayers at the start of the season, but wasn’t that interested in the 20s, so i do respect him tomorrow. Love Paisley Park as well, hopefully he bounces back from March.

The one i do think is overpriced though is Summerville Boy. He’s had a run, and a pretty decent one at that.

Paisley has to prove he’s ok.
    McFab still has to prove he’s a proper 3 mile horse and good enough ( i think he prob is)
    Thyme Hill has to step into open company and i wouldn’t be surprisd if he improved for run.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3435

Summerville Boy is definitely a class horse and I can see the reasoning. Great race anyhow. I’m going with a couple of ews: I’m with DBR on Lisnagar Oscar and – don’t laugh- Native River’s wee brother who has won over 3 miles on good (albeit a lowly Catterick handicap) and was third in a Rendlesham.

Lisnagar Oscar 16-1
    One Night in Milan 200-1

Both b365

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2344

Good opportunity to those who have had runs to take advantage in this race one would think.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3435

What a weird race but a true result.
    WD FF and anyone else on Thyme Hill.
    Good to see Paisley Park back running a decent race.
    Lisnagar Oscar seemed to travel OK then stopped pretty quickly.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2344

Hobbsey when asked about his chance today said he runs in the Long Walk Hurdle after this. That was either telling us he would need it badly today in which case the rest better watch out, or he was nervous.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 468

Well done FinalFurlong!

The Albert Bartlett looks strong Thyme Hill, Janidil, Fury Road, Monkfish.

I suppose connections of Paisley Park will be happy too. That first mile shouldn’t have helped him, but he stayed on strongly giving weight away.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.