The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Distance Cup 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Distance Cup 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 13806

Not a race I’m looking to go mad in, as the short priced Trueshan looks solid.

I’d like it softer for Princess Zoe, but I’ll probably bet her anyway. Well beaten by Trueshan last time, but I thought she ran ok, and I’d love 10’s.

It’s almost impossible to make a case for Nicholas T, but his run last week won’t have taken too much out of him, and I could see him running in for fourth if it’s a going day, and things fall right.

The other one who looks overpriced to me is The Mediterranean, and he looks to have decent place prospects.

Nicholas T 100’s EW 4 Places
    Princess Zoe

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3591

Trueshan and strad had very hard race at longchamp

Have backed hamish against them at 11/2, skybet doing money back as cash 2nd-4th

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 898

I’m actually a fan of Hamish to and as you say the hard race trushan and Strad had may effect the result

VF x

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1452

Def think Trueshan can be taken on here , he likes to get his foot in and he won’t get this so I’ll def be looking for e.w plays ,

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 906

Trueshan still the best here. Won very easily last time.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3422

The 2 market leaders had a hard race last time, so I gone Baron Samedi ew 5 places.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1452

I def think Trueshan is vulnerable here , def get why Hamish is being supported but the other that interests me is The Mediterranean , you can be disappointed by the last run and worry about stable form ( to be fair not many runners and most bigger priced ) but that Leger run sticks in the mind

Win Hamish

E.w The Mediterranean

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3422

Hukum made a noise when he got beat by Hamish, so I think Hamish has been overbet a bit. I think BS and Hamish should be about the same price really.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3591

“Trueshan still the best here. Won very easily last time.”

Did he? Looked like they had a protracted battle for a good furlong to me with Trueshan asserting late on

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 595

This is one of those races where I think I would kick myself if I didn’t bet him at a price like this, so it’s Stradivarius at 4-1 for me

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1452

Strad aint the horse he was and Trueshan can be taken on , they both had a hard race last time , it may well pay to take on the horses that ran at longchamp in all races

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 898

In what is possibly Strads ever run before going to stud career I think they want to give him chance to go out in a win

Win, lose or draw he has been a great horse to watch over the years

vf x

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 898

Princess Zoe is out lame

vf x

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4437

Master of Reality hasn’t done much this year but is a big price for a horse who finished a close third in the gold cup a couple of years ago and should enjoy the ease in the ground. The trainer is in fair form too. I’ve backed him ew at 80-1 with b365.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4437

With the bit of rain this morning softening the ground, in the style that that bloke off the Fast Show who lived in a shed: “Today, I shall be mostly backing Frankels, Nathaniels and Pivotals”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.