The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lexus 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lexus 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I think Cooldine is the one. He can be backed each way and has alot of things going for him imo.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Can’t fancy Cooldine and he’s readily passed over for the likes of Joncol, who looks made for this.

The Tipster 2.0
    • Total Posts 1

Jancol is a real serious contender here he has his doubts on staying yes but he is a very classy act and is one of the leading contenders for me ive heard cooldine does not like soft as much as good so i dont think he will perform to his best,, notre pere should not be left out of it eaither returning back to lepordstown but get on Jancol for the money notre pere second and cooldine may run into 3rd !

Craig
    • Total Posts 93

Notre Pere is an intrguing runner here and I think he has the class to win in quite cosily. If I had to oppose then Voy Por Ustedes, Schindlers Hunt and Joncol. Should be a fascintaing renewal if Leopardstown passes the inspection in about 1 hour!!! Fingers crossed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

As we were tomorrow then…. Hope it clears

Did Cooldine at 6.2 and laid half off at 4.3 so have a fair price for the rest. Also threw a couple of quid at Schindler’s Hunt.

Need a winner at Leopardstown though as I keep backing places and fallers.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Voy Por is always better for a run and he blundered his way around at Ascot and still finished 3rd giving 10lbs to Albertas Run and 4lbs to the improving Planet Of Sound. Confident.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

I backed Joncol on Ante Post with Hills does anyone know if they get carried over to tomorrow.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

I backed Joncol on Ante Post with Hills does anyone know if they get carried over to tomorrow.

All ante post bets stand whoever they’re with.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Not always i backed Pandorma at 7/1 to win the Drinmore novice chase however it got called off.I got my money back.A few days later it got re raced and what horse won we all know what happend it won at 9/4.So i am not sure with Hills waiting for them to email me back which they are good at.Richard is a top guy there in Hills.

• Total Posts 128

Voy Por simply doesnt stay 3 miles, cross him out. Joncol may or may not stay, cant be backed at the prices, as hes still a doubtful stayer. Schindlers Hunt does stay but is thoroughly exposed, and is not good enough. In Compliance does not get 3 miles, discount. If What a Friend is able to reverse Cheltenham running with Cooldine, il give up on this sport!! The 3 remaining serious contenders are Cooldine, Aran Concerto and Notre Pere. As the ground is drying out rapidly, u would have to cross out Notre Pere. The word is that Cooldine is ready for this, and him, along with Aran Concerto do stay and still have immense potential. Cooldine to win, Aran Concerto to chase him home and improve another bundle for the run. Lay Voy Por and Joncol in running.

eddie case
    • Total Posts 1214

When I say all ante post bets stand I’m just referring to the Lexus Chase, I don’t know the circumstances of that other race.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Notre Pere is an intrguing runner here and I think he has the class to win in quite cosily. If I had to oppose then Voy Por Ustedes, Schindlers Hunt and Joncol. Should be a fascintaing renewal if Leopardstown passes the inspection in about 1 hour!!! Fingers crossed.

Notre Pere was 8/1 at one stage before the "off."

I think this is too big, and agree with Craig that he can take this.

IMHO he would have beaten the Listener last time, whether would be great form, though, is open to debate.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I was going to back Cooldine today as I expected 6/1, but when the prices opened 9/2 quickly dissapeared and became 3/1. This suggests he is as fit as can be without a run. Notre Pere was a vailable at 8/1 and I found this too hard to resisit, although I’ll admit I recollected my stake after it was announced the race was abandoned. He simly isn’t an 8/1 shot. However, I still think Cooldine may be the one. But is the value gone :?:

Duke Of Marmalade
    • Total Posts 79

Voy Por simply doesnt stay 3 miles, cross him out. Joncol may or may not stay, cant be backed at the prices, as hes still a doubtful stayer. Schindlers Hunt does stay but is thoroughly exposed, and is not good enough. In Compliance does not get 3 miles, discount. If What a Friend is able to reverse Cheltenham running with Cooldine, il give up on this sport!! The 3 remaining serious contenders are Cooldine, Aran Concerto and Notre Pere. As the ground is drying out rapidly, u would have to cross out Notre Pere. The word is that Cooldine is ready for this, and him, along with Aran Concerto do stay and still have immense potential. Cooldine to win, Aran Concerto to chase him home and improve another bundle for the run. Lay Voy Por and Joncol in running.

On what basis are you judging Voy Por not staying 3 miles? His 8 length beating by Kauto in the King George? I’d argue that’s probably the best 3 mile form in the race. To be honest I also reckon he’s probably better over shorter but then I always felt the same with Exotic Dancer (could have won multiple Ryanair’s) and if he’s in form and the ground doesn’t get any worse then I could see class prevailing like it did last year. My main worry would not be him staying but whether he can get his fluency back in his jumping which seems to have been missing from his last 3 races. The 13/2 still looks big to me and the only horses that IMO have enough ability or scope to beat him if he runs his race are Notre Pere and Cooldine and with doubts about the latters fitness (although today’s market has made me think twice about this) and the formers form plus less than ideal going i’m happy to chuck a few pennies on the King horse EW.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Voy Por has run once over 3 miles, behind Kauto Star and was beaten 8 lengths, getting beaten 8 Lengths by the greatest 3 mile chaser of our generation is hardly not staying, it’s called being outclassed. Watch his run over 2m6f at Ascot, good time for a heavy ground race and he was taking a pull for over half the race he could have ran a national that day.

So, Schindlers Hunt does aparently stay though when held up about as far of the pace as they could get him and dobs passed tired horses, Joncol, In Compliance don’t or may not stay though placed in high class races over trip but Aran Concerto does stay though never attempted the trip… You lost me at Voy Por

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Imo VPU isn’t as good over 3m, and this 3m is also a very different test to Kempton.
    Joncol was found out for finishing speed on soft ground in the Champion Novice at Punchestown, and he might have the same problem on this faster surface. Notre Pere surely needs softer ground or further.
    Ruby readily chose Cooldine over What A Friend (just like he did in the RSA) which suggests his stable are happy enough with his readiness, and he’ll find this track and ground much more accomodating than he did behind Joncol.
    Cooldine to win comfortably.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

What A Freind pays Denman another huge compliment. :)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.