The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladies Day at the races

Home Forums Horse Racing Ladies Day at the races

Viewing 10 posts - 35 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    akaali
    • Total Posts 39

Ladies days are one of the most beautiful sights in racing, horses + nice women + good weather, I don’t care what anyone says if you don’t like ladies day you must be a bit gay imo.

Happily married – how gay is a bit gay iyo? Nothing wrong with nice women + good weather + horses. Interestingly horses come before women in your run of desires, don’t know what that says about you. :lol:

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Half expected him to get it out and show me! Well i missed that race too didn’t i. But did win :D

:D

Now why dont women do that when they are talking to you about their recent Boob Job or having just had a Brazilian :cry:

One good thing about having Ladies Days is that at some courses they do it on awful quality racedays which draw in the crowds of women who want to dress up as if they are at Royal Ascot or Goodwood.

A Cheltenham meeting will get a big turnout as the true fan will go because they know what the meeting has to offer.

Ladies Day at Aintree next week will be interesting with the current financial situation but i gurantee that those Scouse Girls will be giving it eveything and the place will be full of fake tans,dressed made of very little fabric and knickers left at home in the top draw.

Participant
    • Total Posts 580

While I have not experienced Aintree "Ladies" day in the flesh, my experience there on National day (2006) was pretty similar.
    My wife and I dressed sensibly – based on the weather – i.e. warm comfy clothes (BTW, she’s late 20’s I’m early 30s so not old fogey’s) but thought we had stepped into a local Night Club based on some of the skimpy outfits.

I recall:-

Acres of Orange fake tan paired with blood red windchapped legs!

Also have nightmares about one particular woman who had about 20 coldsores round her mouth – yeaughh!

Further disgruntlement caused by some Scouse "women" in big hats blocking our view of the National itself. Back to telly this year!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ladies days are one of the most beautiful sights in racing, horses + nice women + good weather, I don’t care what anyone says if you don’t like ladies day you must be a bit gay imo.

Happily married – how gay is a bit gay iyo? Nothing wrong with nice women + good weather + horses. Interestingly horses come before women in your run of desires, don’t know what that says about you. :lol:

lol ****, *exposed*

:cry:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyone who has been stood up on one of the balconys at Doncaster
    and in between races studied the vast amount of thorough bred fillies
    wandering around through their 10×50"s knows what i"m talking about!
    As far as "game birds" go they dont come any "gamer" than the gals of
    Pontefract, it could be P*****g it down all day and yet they still come out
    looking stunning for an evening meeting! Talking of "Gayme"birds i"m sure
    i was flirting with "Yorkshirepudding" in an earlier thread somewhere,i just hope we weren"t discussing jockeys riding bareback!! Women,Wine and
    Horses, it doesn"t get any better!

• Total Posts 2184

Punchestown Friday is equally good.

Friday at Punchestown :shock: :shock: :shock:

Looking forward to it already! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 709

It seems it is a fairly recent phenomenon – say about 10-15 years or so. I used to go to Aintree on the Thursday, Friday regularly, and I don’t remember it being a problem. However, I no longer go, it’s just not worth the hassle. Queues and queues of them everywere drinking, tottering round in high heels, generally getting in the way. As Ted Walsh one said, " they wouldn’t know a horse from a Billy goat".
    One year I was at one of the bars, ordering a round, whilst trying to watch a race on the TV, I kindly asked if I could see the TV, and was met with looks as though I’d murdered a child. They may as well watch it in the pub. You end up queuing for toilets, the bar, even trying to get a bet on – not worth it.
    I did always wonder why they dressed up as though it was Royal Ascot, and not Cheltenham. I like a pretty girl as much as any red blooded bloke – however, most of these aren’t ‘Ladies’ – however, they’ve got cash to spend – and that is what counts nowadays.

Participant
    • Total Posts 121

Nice to see moist people are in agreement over this topic.I must admit that when I went to Plumptons ladies day 2 years ago the ladies did dress up and not down They also kept out of the way of racegoers who were there to watch the racing. Went to Royal Ascot the once but never again due to the amount of mannequins in my way as I tried to watch the races and no chance to get a ring seat in the paddock area.Two ladies seated ion front of me as I stood showed no interest in the horses and had a 20 minute chat about fashion…… yawn.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9098

Did anyone see Sarah Hobbs on Champion Hurdle day at Cheltenham? My S.O. and I both remarked how stylish she looked..perhaps too smart had she been just a racegoer

…but for the wife of a trainer she looked amazing.

DeadlySins
    • Total Posts 105

This is one of my bugbears.

The 3 F’s-

Fashion

Fairys talking about fashion and then having the nerve to criticise people for what they wear.

Forget it.

Viewing 10 posts - 35 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.