The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ladbroke Champion Chase 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ladbroke Champion Chase 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Cyrname, and Samcro the headline acts here, along with Tiger Roll…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/180/down-royal/2020-10-31/768990

If old Tiger went here, and he was a price, I’d stay loyal, but you’d have to be cautious on last season’s evidence.

Chris’s Dream is a nice horse, who might get overlooked in the market, but the one I really like is Milan Native. I loved the way he did it at Cheltenham, and no disgrace to see him pushed close last week by Discorama. Not saying I’d be betting him right now, but could progress, and could have a decent season.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

I saw the title and thought What race is this? Oh. The JNwine.

Wot no Road to Respect? He’s only 9. Last heard of in January out for the rest of that season with a “setback” (I know I’ve said it before but I hate that maddeningly vague and mimsy term. Could mean stubbed a toe, could mean all its legs fell off).

I reckon Delta Work could do it if the ground was half decent. Jumped rubbishly last year but I think he was lame after IIRC. Trouble is, if the ground is decent that would suit Cyrname. (If it’s deep Cyrname won’t show I expect).

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

I expect Samcro will go to the second season 2.5m chase, why make it hard for him?
    Kind of interested in Tout Est Permis. He ran 10 times in his 4/5 yo season, mostly over fences. Takes a fair bit of getting over probably. He’s still only 7. His chase mark is way higher than hurdles mark though so a nice canter round might be the order of the day.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

I want to see Tout Est Permis bounce back Grass, last season was a waste, and I’ve not given up on him myself.

Be good to see where he’s at, tomorrow at Punchestown.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

My main hope Milan Native runs tomorrow, so time for a rethink.

The head says any three of Delta Work, Presenting Percy, or Chris’s Dream, but not sure what price they’ll be.

I’d bet Tiger Roll if he goes, but will he run here after his spin on the flat the other day? The way it’s going, I’ll probably end up with The Storyteller.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Market……

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/ladbrokes-champion-chase/winner

With a good few runs under his belt, The Storyteller very interesting at 13-2, but no bet for now.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

Id like to back chris dream but 3/1 doesn’t feel very appealing

Autumnal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 311

I’m in the same boat FF91, I don’t like to bet at that price in a tricky race like this, but I think he could land this, and he’s out to 4/1 now, so I’ve taken that.

I agree with you Greenasgrass, Tout Est Permis is very interesting too.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2373

That 4/1 has tempted me in too

He goes so well fresh i think he has a great chance to outrun those odds

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 83

I think Chris’ Dream will win but happy to watch rather than bet him at the price

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 472

I’ll go for The Storyteller at 7/1. Too many doubts around the favourites and The Storyteller has shown his good form recently.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

I’ll kick myself if he did it, and I wasn’t on, so I’ll join you DBR, especially as it’s BOG right now.

The Storyteller 7’s

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3448

If it heaves it down I might back Tout est Permis, if not then I’ll leave well alone expecting Delta to win on anything better than soft (I’d put a line through last year’s run, his jumping was too bad to be true and I think he was found to be lame after).

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 267

I’ll take Tout Est Permis here, I think that 14-1 is fair, and he has a promising run under his belt

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 555

Chris dream first time out , am concerned Elliot may have presenting Percy bang on for this , should be a great race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.