The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kempton Park

Home Forums Horse Racing Kempton Park

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Can it get any worse ??/

R

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

I love Kempton racing, those that don’t should stop moaning about it!

<br>if not I’ll start a few posts moaning about how crap the exchanges are for racing. :biggrin:

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Hi Jim , hope all is well , moan all ya like , but one thing is for certain ,putting on banded racing in Kempton sends out a cleaR MESSAGE to punters and racegoers , it says never mind the quality , just play and pay

it sickens me

R

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Jim what’s the difference between a Banded race and a Handicap ?? Or does it only really apply if there’s a mix up and they have 16 runners ?

Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1981

Can it get any worse? You better believe it.

Tommorow looks like being the last day of a golden era fro Kempton polytack – the last meeting where paying racegers are likely to outnumber the cartel’s quorum of price fixers.

BAGs prices will make Kempton’s transition to a dog track complete.

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

It’s still racing….it’ll do me.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Well, I must be a huge p***k because I’m off to Southwell in a second for a totally impenetrable semi-Banded meeting, some wonderful tea and beef rolls, a chat with some die-hard regulars, and a brisk afternoon in the fresh Rolleston air instead of sitting here playing with my huge p***k in front of a PC screen.:biggrin:

Burroughhill – a bad day at the races is better than a good day at work. :biggrin:

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

LOL. Well, it’s only round the corner.:biggrin: And it IS action…;)

Actually, the biggest noise of the day came in response to the action at Exeter, (the "Devon Loch" moment).

(Apart from a bookie getting upset at Graham Goodes commentary at the conclusion of the sixth. The C4 man seemed to miss the rail run of the 16/1 shot who silenced the die hards when beating the well backed Preskani.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bookie go mad like that before.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Do fans of Premiership clubs spend their time slagging the Ryman Premier league?

I dont see what the problem is….

If it is seen as viable (by ripping off betting shop punters) then so what?

like the Ryman Premier league…no one is compelled to watch it…

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

The last person that called me a prick ended up with a sore pair of balls but seeing as you’re a nedette mortisha I’ll let you off :biggrin:

<br>I love AW racing and flat racing in general, I’ve had a good day today backing Blue Opal 6/1 , Jadeeron 7/2, Barzak 4/1, One Night In Paris 7/2 and as I type an e/w bet on Patternmaker in the last at Wolves (c’mon son)…. I did back 4 losers too but I’m way in front.

EDIT :- (Patternmaker was unplaced)

bring on the AW I Love it.

(Edited by Jim JTS at 6:35 pm on Oct. 31, 2006)

Ultimate Nightmare
    • Total Posts 326

Quote: from Jim JTS on 6:19 pm on Oct. 31, 2006[br]

bring on the AW I Love it.

<br>Its whats winters about, no muddy fields for us ;)

Burroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

Quote: from Mortisha on 1:00 pm on Oct. 31, 2006[br]All weather and banded racing is complete and utter s**t<br>e, and anyone who gives it house room is a prick.<br>

<br>I want to tell you to shut your face but I’ve got to be polite around here, and just for future reference, so have you Mortisha.

Anywho, I love all racing. You can have exciting finishes and highs and lows  in any grade race.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I object to Banded racing because it uses up money from the Levy, that would be better spent on proper racing.

What’s the difference between a banded race and a handicap  .. does anyone know ??

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3115

<br>Dave,

Actually the reverse is true – banded races have produced more revenue for the Levy than has been required to fund them.

AP

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

What is your reasoning? Or is it just knee-jerk reactionaryism?

I have followed racing – Flat and jumps – for over 30 years now, can’t remember the last time I visited a Ladbrokes and am gutted to discover that I am an "enemy" of horse-racing.

It must be so, as you say it is so.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.