The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kelso Sunday

Home Forums Horse Racing Kelso Sunday

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Anybody going?

I’m still intending to make a first trip there this weekend, although an eight-race card at the end of a long drive up might just finish me off!

Happy to say hi to any fellow Forumites in attendance – I’ll be the black-clad, hairy, exhausted-looking Sassenach with a clipboard. 8)

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8992

I’m planning attending also, taking the kids along for the family day activities. It’d be great to meet up if anyone going along.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

gc

Regrettably it’s one meeting I can’t make and we’re in London when the next meeting is on at Kelso. My notes for both will rely on replays.

I should make it to Kelso for 7th November when Kalahari King is programmed for his return.

Enjoy your day on Sunday. One piece of advice is to keep a note of anything which finishes close in the two legs of the Bumper. These contests at Kelso have produced a stream of future winners in recent seasons.

Rob

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Noted, Rob! I’m intrigued to see how Jurisdiction gets on in division one. A winner for Graham Hollis last May (his only Rules runner in the last 12 years) and snapped up for 45,000gns by Rose Dobbin subsequently, he looked more like a staying hurdler in waiting than a repeat bumper winner, but the long drag up the run-in will presumably suit.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Nodforms Violet is a runner in the same race from a stable who normally know the time of day in these events. This one looked a decent prospect when finishing second on debut at Musselburgh last winter. ‘Big strong sort and a keen walker’, was hampered on the stands’ bends, then nursed back into the race and bustled up the winner Bellvano. After a well publicised ‘Left At The Start’ at Kempton, the latter franked the form in decent style at Newbury.

Add in J.H.Johnson and G.A.Charlton newcomers and it’s got the makings of an interesting contest.

Rob

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

I shall be attending, although not participating in, the Mascot Grand National at Huntingdon :shock:

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Sierra Peak from the Todhunter yard could go well in the 2.55 although Timmy Murphy will be popular on 11yo Snowy in the Anderson Green colours which always do well at the likes of Kelso and Carlisle.

Howard Johnson runs one each in both divs of the bumper and should give a good account.

An average card but worth noticing what happens in the novice and bumper races.

bbobbell
    • Total Posts 591

Keep an eye open for the Langholm Cornet in the opening Border principals race if he runs, not because I think he will win – haven’t a clue either way, just because I’m from Langholm that’s all.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.