The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Phoenix Stakes 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Phoenix Stakes 2020

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22650

The Lir Jet and Ventura Tomenta lock horns again and have decent form in the book
    but Steel Bull could up stage them, already confirmed as a runner (unless that changes) he has caught the eye in lesser events with his ability to seemingly switch off and travel at the short distances and the quick re-appearance looks to be a case of them trying to strike whilst the iron is hot. I can envisage him sat behind them and letting them fight it out and challenge at the last minute. 5/2 this morning now 9/4 looks a it skinny on what he has achieved but I do like him alot.
    Aidan O’Brien has multiple entries both Mother Earth and Admiral Nelson have shown good ability but not really followed it up. Giorgio Vasari could be one that is improving for him but this is a big step up

Member since March 2008
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17559

I won’t be having a bet Nath, but very impressed by Steel Bull last week.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

The new owners paid 20 grand to supplement steel bull so he will definitely be running barring accidents

Not a bet at current prices though given the price and step up in trip/grade

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

steel bull 3/1 which looks much better value than the 2/1-9/4 available earlier in the week

Did me a big favour at goodwood hope he can go in again up in trip

Hopeful he will get the 6 as he switches off so well in his races

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 296

Steel Bull very weak, 10,3 now. The Lear Jet owes me from his poor run in France last time.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1215

St. marks Basillica for me, appears to be AOB first string, cost a lot apparently, almost guaranteed to improve and surely value v a weak fav

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2018

Did the lir jet stay the 6f in France?

Not so sure he did myself

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 272

St Marks Basilica got well backed in there, they mustve expected a big run

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2777

While i don’t think that was a proper 2yo grade 1, i think St Mark’s Basilica has ran a cracker there. To my eye he looked all out over 6f, and will only improve once upped in trip. Promising horse + clearly well thought of.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.