The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Kauto Star – buying money?

Home Forums Horse Racing Kauto Star – buying money?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

As i said "H" he shouldnt have been there……I am probably the least upset on here at this result as i half expected it and you of all people "H" I would have expected more from.

I love reading your posts, Fist of Fury, and I commend your enthusiasm for the sport. I also agree with you on quite a few things you say ( I fancied Binocular today also, as it happens ); but on Kauto Star; well, I guess we’ll continue to agree to disagree.

Sentiment is one thing, and last season, there was no bigger fan and champion of the horse than me. However, experience can be a very harsh tutor indeed – and reality hit home some time ago; whereby the penny finally dropped that by sticking by my favourite horse/s for sentimental reasons, when it was probably obvious to everyone around me, that the once great horse I placed so much trust in, was now sadly on the decline – and no matter how much faith (or money) I had placed on it, or self re-assuring, it still could not alter the fact that the said horse in question was never going to replicate the form which brought him those past glories.

As I said to you in another thread – time alone will tell which of us is proved correct regarding Kauto’s future performances. If I am proved wrong, then sackcloth and ashes will be the order of the day. One thing’s for sure -you will be the first ro remind me. :wink:

And of course,I wouldn’t have it any other way. :lol:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

NWRA
    • Total Posts 259

I am probably the least upset on here at this result as i half expected it and you of all people "H" I would have expected more from.

Indeed, I don’t know how you ended up backing him: one of the reasons why I laid him was because you reminded me of Walsh’s ‘he may have left his race behind at Ascot’ comment in your first post on that thread!

(Sorry I know that isn’t much consolation).

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3775

Spare a thought for the poor punter who had quarter of a million on Kauto Star.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Sean Rua
    • Total Posts 511

I don’t talk about "great" horses, as my main concern is punting, but, imo, that KS is not a great chaser at all. Can’t jump properly. That’s the wrong jockey for the thing, anyway, imo.
    Still, they beat my selection by 14!
    Winner was too strong under a good ride from Timmy.

Not to worry, all the KS supporters can now get sevens for next year.

But, if folk insist on talking about "greatness", I’d say
    Binocular has a bright future, and so does young Aidan Colman. Two positives from todays card, imo.

Aintree favourites today were poor in the main; and, as we know, that’s how bookies stay in business.

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

My gut reaction was that Nicholls was protecting his jockey when he stoutly took the blame afterwarjds. He was similarly supportive when Ruby remounted Kauto after the Exeter fall and he ended up injured.
    I do think Ruby is a bit too emotionally involved with Kauto, plenty of people got struck into Derek Thompson for his question which provoked Ruby’s anger after the Gold Cup. Thompson is indeed idiotic but to my eye Ruby took the anger into that interview and also took some of it out onto the track today.
    He didn’t just want to win but wanted to win by 20 lengths by dominating for over a circuit (a la Denman?) and he ended up getting the best horse beaten. Although I backed Exotic Dancer I felt a bit of anger at Ruby and he looked fairly annoyed with himself right afterwards.
    Most of these french breds dont last much past eight and it is not a great idea to treat them like that. A bad day at the office for the Champion trainer and jockey but they are both big men and will be wiser tonight.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.