The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Lockinge 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Lockinge 2009

Viewing 2 posts - 52 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1415

Paco Boy is slightly over-rated no way is he the second best horse in the world as RPR’s have suggested, he is however a genuine group 1 horse just not over eight furlongs. Class got him home on fast ground at Sandown but his is a speed horse who is at his best at seven furlongs. There is suspicion that he may go for the July Cup over 6f, that would be interesting.

I dont think he’ll be quick enough for the July Cup, as odd as that sounds.

Gosden planned to do that with Ravens Pass last year and look what happened. They diverted, went to Goodwood and Ascot and the rest is history.

Thats not saying he’ll go down the same route but I cant see him winning the July Cup. If anyone does he’s 13/1 on Betfair.

I’m not sure they will go down that route my guess is they’ll continue at eight furlongs.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Paco Boy is not a
    proper Group 1 horse, he is over rated!

So what constitutes a proper Group One horse? Must a horse win more than one group one race to be considered a group one horse?

Fact is Paco Boy has won a listed race, a group 3, three group 2’s and a Group 1 (Prix de la Foret). You cant say he is over rated. Granted the RPR mark making him second best in the world is clearly rubbish (who compiles these ratings? – someone lacking common sense) but to say he isn’t Group 1 class is very harsh.

Viewing 2 posts - 52 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.