The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Juddmonte International 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Juddmonte International 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 156 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If Mastercraftsman does STS tomorrow, it’s a million on that "there’s something wrong with STS" will be the cry from most on here, yet he only has to find about 7lb over a distance that should see him improve appreciably on his mile form.

• Total Posts 1537

I should have known something wasn’t right when Tartan Bearer was 13/1 a couple of days ago on the exchange.

4 runners is an absolute joke. If it lashes down over night we could be faced with one trainer fielding 3 horses in a 1 horse race.

Not a good look at all.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I may be jumping the gun but this race looks to have been unexpectedly ruined.

I was really hoping for a true run race and a ding dong battle from 2 out between MCM and TB which might just have got StS at it.

I hope I am very wrong but I just can’t see Mastercraftsman getting up enough steam up with nothing to race against.

TB’s withdrawal will worry AOB a lot more than is will John Oxx that’s for sure.

If MK hasn’t moved by the 2f marker I might just jump out the window :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I’m extremely annoyed that a fantastic opportunity to compare the 3yos to the older horses has been destroyed. This race and track would have suited Tartan Bearer down to the ground and would have left him with nowhere to hide. I don’t care if I’m proved wrong, I just want sufficient evidence to make a proper comparison.

The Irish Champion will tell us nothing, the QE2 might tell us something before the Arc and Champion Stakes so we’re going to need to wait another 6 weeks (at least) for another race to make a proper comparison from. *Sigh*

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

In my opinion Aidan should scratch his two pacemakers and have a match race with STS . This would suit MCM who loves to be taken on and would set the pace and refuse to give it up.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I doubt if they will notice they are there :lol:

I have to agree with Zarkava aboout Tartan Bearer being scratched.

I guesss we will hve to wait until the Arc when Conduit and Fame and Glory clash.

tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my ratings before Tartan bearer nr
    149 sea the stars
    141 tartan bearer nr
    139 mastercraftsman
    132 set sail
    132 georgebernardshaw
    had backed sea the stars at 1/2 before tartan withdrawal

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A fascinating thread,with divided opinion from some good judges,obviously you are either in one camp or the other,if you are a fan of Mastercraftsman or Sea the stars! The STS supporters only have to mention the 2000gns and say he beat MCM comfortably,whats all the fuss about? STS has since won the Derby and Eclipse,MCM has No chance!! Those of us who are in the MCM camp look a bit deeper than what the stats say! Some think MCM has to have Soft ground! Aidan says he is a better colt on quick,where he can extend that stride of his.MCM was only 90% fit in the Guineas and thats a fact too! A 11/4m is a trip he is crying out for,i am convinced he will get a 11/2m,(Next year)! Tomorrows race will be run to suit MCM, his 6f pacemaker will tear off at a pace suited to a mile,he will then let Set sail take him to the 2f pole where STS will be sat on MCM"s hind quarters,MCM will then kick on maintaining a course record time,STS will come to MCM at the 1f pole looking like the winner,the pace will then start to tell and it will come down to a battle and thats where the race will be won,the horse that will stick his neck out when defeat looks certain!

Mastercraftsman

will prevail! IMO!!

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

Erm no way is Masterslowman going to beat STS good gallop or no gallop i am 100% sure

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Erm no way is Masterslowman going to beat STS good gallop or no gallop i am 100% sure

Stacelita, 1m 39,21sec is not a slow time for the round mile at Ascot!

Rob V
    • Total Posts 173

At around 3:30 PM tomorrow, there’s going to be a big bang heard … from all of those MCM supporters dropping back down to Earth! :lol:

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

yeah 1:34/5 isn’t too shabby for a mile at HQ neither this is STS best trip where he has scared off all of the opposition.
    STS ultra high cruising speed is underrated and although he doesn’t come flashing home from the back he does it very easily in his own laid back style.
    A real race would be RVW vs STS at the breeders cup classic where RVW gets first run i think only then we will find out how good he really is.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Stacelita, 1m 39,21sec is not a slow time for the round mile at Ascot!

Ghanaati was quicker than Mastercraftsman at Ascot but still ended up with a drubbing by Rip Van Winkle.

IMO Mastercraftsman will be up against it here even with his pacemakers, I cant see anything but a Sea The Stars win. Mastercraftsman is obviously an unknown at this distance but clearly lets his opponents back in when there is faster ground, if he strugggled to beat Delegator he could get thumped here. If it was Rip Van Winkle here, I’m sure it would have been a lot closer.

• Total Posts 1537

I don’t subscribe to all this talk of heart and determination getting MCM to the finishing line first. Heart and determination can get you over the line first against a horse of a similar calibre. It’s not going to carry you past STS when the business end of the race begins.

It’s not even about who will win for me. It’s about how long STS will win by. All this talk of him never winning over 1 1/2 lengths will be proven wrong tomorrow. Take RVW out of the Eclipse(and MCM is no RVW), then what would the distance have been ?

Screw all this cheap talk. I will be back on this particular thread after the race where we will not be seeing any pigs fly oink oink.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I don’t subscribe to all this talk of heart and determination getting MCM to the finishing line first. Heart and determination can get you over the line first against a horse of a similar calibre. It’s not going to carry you past STS when the business end of the race begins.

It’s not even about who will win for me. It’s about how long STS will win by. All this talk of him never winning over 1 1/2 lengths will be proven wrong tomorrow. Take RVW out of the Eclipse(and MCM is no RVW), then what would the distance have been ?

Screw all this cheap talk. I will be back on this particular thread after the race where we will not be seeing any pigs fly oink oink.

Graeme STS isn"the bookies 1/3fav for nothing,us MCM fans are quite aware of that!

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Loving the banter on here lads. STS is the winner in my mind but something I want to know is this:-

How many of you are going to actually have a bet on the race? (On the day)

I will just be watching.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well I’ve not had a bet since the King George and won’t be having one tomorrow but I just wonder if MCM isn’t another Giant’s Causeway. I’m picking my bets very carefully these days, better to have 10 big bets a year than 30 small ones and tomorrow isn’t one of those days.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 156 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.