The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand Prix de Paris 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand Prix de Paris 2009

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’d expect a much better showing from Age Of Aquarius today.
    His role in the Derby was that of a pacemaker for RVW and, as such, was never likely to be suited by the steady pace that the circumstances demanded. He’s always looked a stayer, and roles are likely to be reversed today with his stablemates setting the race up for him.
    That wouldn’t harm Beheshtam’s chances either, and as he looks the only real danger to AoA, a dual forecast cover looks in order.

• Total Posts 1688

All I can gather from that race is Beheshtam isn’t quick enough and needs the ground bottomless in the Arc.

If they push on I’ll be happy but 16/1 is now horrendous odds.

Cavalryman was wide most of the trip and compared to Beheshtam on his inside, he was travelling very rough but the Fabre horse has some gears.

ReasonoverFaith
    • Total Posts 346

For those who have not yet seen the race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBLjCW34WVA

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Chhers RF I hadn’t seen it.

I doubt if AOB will be losing any sleep over that winner as Age of Aquarius looked stuffed 2 furlongs out and still managed to finish a close 2nd.

I see the winner is as low as 10/1 which is an insult to the punter. I actually thought Beheshtam stood out as the best horse in the race.
    He never looked happy at anystage but when he came with a half hearted run you could see there is def something there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves that form well behind next time he runs.

Couldn’t fancy any of them fo the Arc as the race lacked any real quality..

dostoy
    • Total Posts 23

I thought Age of Aquarius ran a great trial for the Leger.

I hope he runs in the Voltigeur next at York and then Doncaster, although he needs to be held up a bit at Doncaster because its a long straight there.

Freemantle needs to learn to settle and may be better at 10 furlongs.

The winner looks like a horse that will always needs softish ground.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Bunch of slowboats.

However, a few slowboats have run well in the Arc in recent years (Westerner springs to mind) and if it came out soft the winner would be a decent outsider. The quotes being banded around are insulting though at this stage.

Age of Aquarius didn’t run much differently to his Derby run imo and hasn’t improved that much. Due to his pedigree, O’Brien has given him every chance to be a middle distance horse but he’s just short of the top table over 1m4f. He is no forlorn hope for the Leger though, aided by the galloping track at Doncaster, but he lacks a turn of foot and I think there will be classier horses in the field.

I do agree with Fists about Harbinger though. He is my ante post bet for the Leger. Stoute has given him all the time in the world, probably due to the size of him. Reminds me of Lucarno in physique and looks a good bet to emulate him.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

SMS is sending Harbinger the same route as he sent Conduit last season and won’t run in the Great Voltiguer a race many of his horses ran in pre St Leger.

He will go for the Gordon Stakes and Glass Harmonium will go for the Group 2 Great Voltiguer.

I hope AOB sends Age of Aquarius and a couple of others. Sure to get a good price on the winner is he does :wink:

Viewing 7 posts - 18 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.