The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Johnny Owen +31lbs

Home Forums Horse Racing Johnny Owen +31lbs

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1181

Johnny Owen (64 to 95 + 31lbs) is the most hiked Hurdler this week as per the offical ratings.

This one seems to have had some sort of religious conversion.

Five rubbish outings in 2011. This year 2 wins – not the same animal ?

Entered at Fontwell and Catterick tomorrow. If decided to run would have to shoulder 14lb extra for either engagement but would still be ahead of revised ratings.

Roddy Owen
    Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Revitalised trainer

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1181

Could I buy some of his tablets ?

Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

Johnny Owen (64 to 95 + 31lbs) is the most hiked Hurdler this week as per the offical ratings.

This one seems to have had some sort of religious conversion.

Five rubbish outings in 2011. This year 2 wins – not the same animal ?

Entered at Fontwell and Catterick tomorrow. If decided to run would have to shoulder 14lb extra for either engagement but would still be ahead of revised ratings.

What i cant understand is his prices… 2011 prices, 9/2 50/1 200/1 66/1 66/1…

2012 prices 7/2 1/2 (OPENED UP! NOT GAMBLED!)

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I think you would have to look at the trading matches on Betfair before saying "not gambled". In Sunday’s race, 86% of the pre-race market was about one horse. Impossible to make a realistic book so all you can do is set a limit on your liabilities and watch the race.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Meets a Jim Best job horse tomorrow as well, one at the top one at the bottom, battle of the insiders.

For those following Johnny Owen, his opponent on Sunday Esteem looked well in the parade ring for such a lowly contest and forced me to run down to the rails and have a tickle, only his second run back from a long time off and for Dave Evans, I would be surprised if he couldn’t win a basement handicap!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Johnny Owen opened up at 9/1 in the morning of his first victory – probably in part due to what is best described as a marked drop in grade given in his hurdling starts last season he was taking on the likes of Brampour (162), Deireadh Re (138 and likely to improve IMO) and Shammicky Boy (127).

In his first victory the odds-on favourite was rated 77 and the highest rated horses in the race were only rated 89. David Brace is hardly averse to landing a touch as anyone who’s been pointing in the SW and Cornwall will testify to.

Martin

Alexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1181

The handicapper needs to pay attention today; he’s got a few of his revised rating hurdlers having an outing. With the exception of Amir Pasha they still look to be

well in

, notwithstanding the penalty each has incurred.

Amir Pasha (UAE) Catterick 14:45 Thu 100 to 106 ► +6 (7lb penalty)
    Johnny Owen (IRE) Fontwell Park 13:05 Thu 64 to 95 ► +31 (14lb penalty)
    Mangonel Fontwell Park 13:05 Thu 92 to 108 ► +16 non runner
    King of Castile Fontwell Park 15:05 Thu 95 to 110 ► +15 (7lb penalty)
    Oscar Charlie (IRE) Fontwell Park 15:05 Thu 67 to 80 ► +13 (7lb penalty)

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Have to laugh Mangonel was a non-runner today reported stiff but will more than likely take up the engagement tomorrow, given the phone call I had about Johnny Ownens run Dave Evans and Jim Best will be hoping they never filled out those self certs :lol:

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.