The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jockeys refusing to ride a horse

Home Forums Horse Racing Jockeys refusing to ride a horse

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dallimann
    • Total Posts 138

What would you think if this happened to you as an owner! I must admit when you look at the horses form, it doesn’t look too good, and Cheltenham is 10 days away. 40U4U24PU

Such rotten luck, the jockey booked gets stood down shortly before saddling time, you’re left with a few minutes to find a jockey, when most refused we left the lad on who had just carried my colours in the previous race, time had run out!

But, the horse has never fallen in his life, let alone made a bad mistake. Wasn’t the kids fault at all, an experienced jockey would have probably sat it out!

anyway, once more I was p….. off big time… :o live and learn!

milnathort
    Participant
    • Total Posts 19

I must admit, as a jockeys agent and having a "big chance" at Cheltenham I did protect one of my jockeys from riding any horses which he has never ridden if they had never ran over hurdles or first time over fences. The form figures would probably have put me off, but to be fair I would have had 10 lads wanting to ride the horse.

He did ride one for his boss the day before which was a potential problem but he schooled it at home and was happy, it usually just happens when its an outside ride.

Cheltenham can be make or break for some lads and thankfully it paid off as my lad won on Brindisi Breeze.

Paul

Dallimann
    • Total Posts 138

Thanks Paul, as it goes it all happened so quick, there was practically no time. Thus, the trainer asked the ones stood around in their gear and after the refusals he was rightly in a bit of a panic. Unbelievable was how short notice was given that the original jockey had been stood down.

Nice to see your lad winning at Cheltenham.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.