The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Jacques Ricou

Home Forums Horse Racing Jacques Ricou

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 611

I see he is moving to Ireland to join Willie Mullins. I hope this does not push Paul Townsend out as I think he a very good jockey.

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

That will be interest droff. He will miss the enormous percentages of prize money available in France, he must be on more than just Irish percentage of prize money. It might show that Mullins is now well into France with excellent contacts and he will have all the knowledge needed to re-acclimatise the French recruits/advice on further purchases. After all, it is all about good horses being well ridden and this could be a master stroke.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3755

He’s not going there to ride in races, just to ride work and gain experience alongside Mullins and Walsh. And it’s only for the next few weeks, while the French NH scene has its Xmas holiday.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Booked for a couple of rides on Sunday at Navan, one for Mullins and one for Gordon Elliott.

obiwankenobi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 349

Prepping up to take over from Ruby most likely.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

Not a hope of Ricou replacing anyone. especially not Paul townend. Don’t read too much into this, he is with Mullins for a few weeks and will get a few spare rides for Mullins on busy days over Christmas

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.