The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Istabraq Shocker

Home Forums Archive Topics Istabraq Shocker

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    conall
    • Total Posts 59

The horse has just spent 11 days in his box before being saddled for the first time on Monday last by AOB.

.<br>Take this info as you will but I can assure you it is genuine

robgomm
    • Total Posts 224

Poor animal, 11 days straight in his box. Did they not even let him out?

In terms of being an animal it isn’t nice to couped up for that long. He’ll be red hot though when he gets to Cheltenham. He’ll be going to the Champion hurdle a fresh and – if he’s locked in his box! – a bit mental!

He’ll be fine come Champion hurdle day as O’Brien knows what he’s doing 99% of the time.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

On the other forum it was claimed that Istabraq was doing all his preparation in the pool and under the ultra-violet lamp.The two claims are similar but I would be more inclined to believe that he is doing his preparation in the pool at the moment.If he had the last 11 days without any form of exercise surely he would have zero chance at Cheltenham.

Gearoid VI
    • Total Posts 56

yes , but the 5/2 on Betfair does…….

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Could go either way.  Seems like a horse waiting on a vote of confidence.

If the big Irish punters steam in at some stage, he’ll be back to 6/4 or shorter in no time. If JP stays away I think we could see 3/1 or longer before Cheltenham, and who knows, on the day he could drift much further (remember Jodami’s Gold Cup).  A collective vote of no confidence on the part of the betting public, or collective amnesia?

I’ll sit on the fence for now, but 7/2 on the day…

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Does anyone else find it odd that the person responsible for this (mis)information works for a bookmaker.

conall
    • Total Posts 59

Luke this is a forum for  discussion where like minded people come to discuss share ideas debate etc. A place where I have made friends etc.

I have never made a secret of my professional position nor would want to .

However first and foremost I am here as a racing fan with an opinion like you. 95% of my postings are in a personal capacity and when I do post in a professional capacity I add that caveat .

When I discover info which would be of interest to forumites friends punters I feel it important to share that info

Think it through for a second we at betabet have laid Valiramix at all prices from 33/1 and Landing Light from 16/1 we have no liability on Istabraq worth talking about – why would I start a scare story on a horse on which we have no liability and encourage people to back the other horses on which we have significant liabilities

I won’t reveal my sources as that would be wrong but the info is true unlike the majority of your assertions and accusations Luke

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Have you misinterpreted the information do you honestly think he didn’t step outside his box for 11 days.

Steve M
    • Total Posts 99

I’m inclined to think there is more to this whole thing than meets the eye.

For some time now a few of us have suspected that there is something seriously amiss with the horse and I see Raceform Update has put forward the view I expressed weeks ago (which was rubbished at the time)that JP will not risk him unless he is certain the horse is okay.

Regrettably this all adds up to his not taking part. Expect the prices to shorten up on the three or four other main contenders – they are reportedly taking nothing for Istabraq at 9/4, even in Ireland.<br>

conall
    • Total Posts 59

To Luke

Yes I have no reason to doubt my sources – the horse had his first gallop with AOB on Monday

Jay Torbitt
    • Total Posts 22

I think that Istabraq will run at Cheltenham, and I hope he does win. Definatly agree with Esc – if the horse isn’t fit and able for this year’s race, then its time to wrap up a very successful career. It would be nice to go out on a high – fingers crossed. I think that Isty stands an almighty chance in the CH this year, so long as he gets there.

NiceGuyEddie
    • Total Posts 3

5/2 on the day?/ have u all go christams crackers,

5/4 at best,   irish backers take no prisoners

jjimps
    • Total Posts 43

This story doesn’t ring true 11 days in his box then out for a Gallop !!! I don’t think so 7/2 on the day !!!!! If Istabraq is there 6/4 absolute max. His current slide in the market is all based on the chances of him not making the race NOT an assessment of his chances if he does

sirspread
    • Total Posts 15

one things for sure between now and cheltenham storys will be ciculating on a regular basis about israbaq my advice is ignore it all its all hype if obrien runs him at cheltenham it wont just be for fun

Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

I cannot believe what I am about to say.

I agree with Big Mac’s comments on this morning’s Morning Line. A strange feeling I am not really comfortable with.

If the horse runs on the day it will win. I would say its 2/1 for any horse to arrive sound at this stage.

The AP market has never appealed to me despite the appeal of so called value. I want my horse to run and tend to wait until closer to the day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.