The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Is the UN a useless waste of space?

Home Forums Lounge Is the UN a useless waste of space?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

You decide

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

What the UN needs is a standing army, including a rapid reaction force with a peacemaking capability and a streamlined decision making process, doing away with the security council. They need the will and the wherewithal to intervene anywhere in the world to secure and maintain peace, without waiting for permission.

I voted no because on the whole its better to have the current UN than not to, but it needs a hell of an overhaul

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Eh – at the time of writing, nobody has voted no. :shrug:<br>

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

You calling me a liar? Right, its sanctions for you, sunshine. Who’s with me in a resolution?

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Sorry Aranalde, i’m going to have to veto those sanctions.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

… unless you want to reword it of course ;)

What about requesting a ‘cessation of accusations’?

(Edited by Racing Daily at 9:14 pm on Aug. 6, 2006)

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

b*****d
    . No more ambassador for you then. And you can forget about us competing in the Olympics, the World Cup or Miss World.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

That’s not very diplomatic :)

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

You left us no option. And we’re buying nuclear weapons from China, so there.

:angry:

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

You can’t.  That is a violation of the NPT.<br>Right!  Time for an emergency meeting, asswipe!

:biggrin: <br>

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Ah but I’ve let the American’s use my drive as an airstrip and my pond as a naval base. Plus I’ve been kissing Bush’s backside nonstop for the last five years. They’re going to veto your veto and sabotage your emergency meeting.

Just seen your earlier edit. I am prepared to accept a cessation of accusations in the interests of regional security and harmony. Just as long as its clear that he started it.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I agree it is a waste of space unlike the WTO which imposes sanctions on countries that dont do what the US wants then to do .. !!

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

the:old: union

my politics is more Boer than Billy Goat Bush<br> but I was still tappping my head in the bath<br> as I mistook the soap for a body part<br> isn’t the UN here on earth ?

grunewald
    • Total Posts 8

UN is simply what we make it to be.<br>If you want to play the Saddam game then UN is not for you.<br>If you want to play the superpower game like Bush does, then UN is not for you either.<br>But without a strong UN, the geopolitical interests of the superpower will inadvertently be hurt in the end, unlike what the neoconservatives believe.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Yes

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.