The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Irish  2000gns

Home Forums Horse Racing Irish  2000gns

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Galejade
    • Total Posts 185

One of the most interesting races of the year and no one offering me insights as to how to lose my money? Shame on you.

For  the little its worth I think Vital Equine ew may have some merit. I thought the ride at Newmarket was unusual at best and a mistake at worst( I favour the latter)  I can see no reason for Duke of Marmalade to reverse form and whilst Cockney Rebel looked a very good horse indeed perhaps 5/4 is a little short in the circumstances.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I agree with you. If there is any value in the race it is him, but I find it hard to have a bet as the Curragh is no friend to the front-runner. A watching brief, I think.

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Steve Harley (who is involved with the Huffer runner and was very bullish before it won at Newmarket) has just been on radio 5 but he thinks the best bet today is 230 bev Pivotal Express.<br>

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Looks straightforward to me.<br>Cockney Rebel has the best form in the race, and I can see no reason why he won’t run to it. Can’t really see anything improving past him, either.<br>Obvious choice, and his price reflects it, but there are many worse 5/4 shots.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I’m sticking with Vital Equine, more out of fear that he will improve enough to hold off the rest than anything else.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Lay Cockney Rebel, Back Ferneley e/w @16/1.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

No reason to suppose Cockney Rebel will not be thereabouts but, having looked at it in detail today, Creaghadoir, at 10/1 on bf, looks the bet.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Good luck to Cockney Rebel, but the 33/1 received at Newmarket pre race on the english Guineas winner is eminentley more fanciable than 5/4 at the Curragh today.<br>Creaghdoir back at this trip with a course win as well under his belt is interesting. Bolger will surely be looking to get something out of the Irish Guineas as compensation. (small win bet)<br> Some obscure form lines might also come into it with two huge outsiders having raced against the likes of Asiatic Boy and Teofilo in the last year.<br>Traffic Guard and Trinty College will be my place bets. They arent that badly drawn either, away from the main action.

Gareth Flynn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 583

Quote: from reet hard on 11:59 am on May 26, 2007[br]Looks straightforward to me.<br>Cockney Rebel has the best form in the race, and I can see no reason why he won’t run to it. Can’t really see anything improving past him, either.<br>Obvious choice, and his price reflects it, but there are many worse 5/4 shots.<br>

Not to mention 7/4 shots; quite amazing to see him at that price.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

You really have to feel for Teofilo and Jim Bolger, (And our own David Johnson:cool: ). <br>JB has always thought, and said, that the horse is superior to Creachadoir, which makes him some animal on recent form?<br>Let’s hope he can get him back on the racecourse soon.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Ha. Reet, I’m no more disappointed than any other racing fan, who would just to love to know where he would have finished in the Guineas and how much of a race he’d have given Authorized in the Derby.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

The winner looks a good horse. As pointed out on TV he was pulling early so to win well from a good horse in 2nd was a nice performance. Hopefully we’ll see him at Ascot and then perhaps a step up to 10F (he looks like he’d cope with that).

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Oh I did ! :angry:

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Most enjoyable, Well done Cockney Rebel and <br>JB`s horse in second.<br>Everyone happy with His Newmarket win now?

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

This one is a nice horse with a good attitude. A pleasing win and form well and truly confirmed.

I wonder, (as commented on down below), how the eccentric Mr Maudlin is feeling right this minute.:biggrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.