The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Iowa electronic market

Home Forums General Sports Iowa electronic market

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

http://www.biz.uiowa.edu/iem/ is a website of the University of Iowa’s electronic futures markets.

The two main electoral markets are "Presidential Election Vote-Share Market" and "Presidential Winner Takes All" market.<br> <br>It looks to me an opportunity to buy money, as I have a strong feeling that, whatever the fears concerning electoral irregularities, Kerry will win in a landslide – possibly uniquely large.

The polls quoted by the mainstream media are based on registered voters in the last election, but the Kerry/Edwards ticket seems to have captured the public’s imagination. The Democratic Convention was also awesome in every way, imo.

Judging by the amazingly large turnouts, wherever Kerry and Edwards appear, people seem to have been energised on a grand scale. As well as innumerable first-time voters, no small number of Republicans seem to have switched allegiance.  

It’s apparently a non-profit-making enterprise and there is a limit of, I think, of about six  hundred dollars for each market.

(Edited by Grimes at 11:04 pm on Aug. 1, 2004)

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Thanks for the advice, Grasshopper. I’m not in any position to bet much on anything, so no worries there. I think you could be right about the petro-chemical dollars, though, and will be very surprised if your friends are not in a pretty minuscule minority come November’s election.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.