The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Information is power, any clues for saturday?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Information is power, any clues for saturday?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Just getting a thread on the go for saturday ideas, with all the information floating about for saturday I think it could be good for everyone to throw our ideas into a pot and see if we can rustle up a decent lucky 63.

Doncaster 1500 – I read paul nicholls little slot on Ch4teletext a few weeks ago and he was saying that Mobaasher (half brother to russian rhythym, full brother to perfectperformance) is looking smart at home and has just been waiting for good ground, he will be worth watching for support tomorrow.

Sandown 1255. I think that Ashkazar looks like a false price tomorrow (possibly even a false fav), he has always looked to me to be a horse with no real toe (he is bred for stamina) and as a flat horse looked like he could travel in smart company but never go with them to the line, he looked desperately one paced behind franchoek and I think hes over-rated, and probably wants much further than 2 miles. Furthermore, I dont think his style of running will be suited tomorrows small field as there doesnt look to be a source of pace, unless he makes the running.
    One I do like in that race is the king horse Bormo, who looks underrated on his third to numide, which visually looked quite a good performance, which I would have rated about 110 (with numide at 120+). King backed him in that race like he was a very good horse (he was the big gamble of the race) and he ran like he was there to challenge numide, possibly challenging too soon, numide however was too smart but I think his entry tomorrow may be more than just a space in a race, and his forecast price of 7-1 looks quite good.

Sandown 235 – Nicholls reckons The Tother One is really classy horse and is en route to one of the top novice races (probably the spa novice looking at this entry), so 7-2 isnt too bad a price in a race that will suit him.

Sandown 340 – A lot of the horses in this race look like they are en route to the national, however two of them, Caribou and Principe Azzuro, both look to be targetting smart races at roundabout this distance and so I think they could run well, but will probably side with Caribou who looks very open to improvement and his Oliver Sherwood is bang in form with two winners and 5 places from his last eight runners.

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

No information here, just speculation.

When McCririck asked Nichols about Gungado I thought there was a noticeable stutter, before he composed himself and gave the tother one. He couldn’t be heard to give Findlays horse away could he? He’s put the top weight in to give it a bit more of a lift also.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Ashkazar travelled extremely well behind Franchoek if memory serves, but he made an absolute howler at the third last and on that sort of ground he was never going to get back in the race. He’s nailed on this afternoon in my eyes (though isn’t backable at the likely 4/7);

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

No information here either, just a moan- what happens when you back 2 horses each-way in a 17 runner handicap…….

I got word for Northern Spy in the 2.15 Lingfield if anyone’s interested but the race looks too tight for me.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

Donaldson should run a big race and looks a decent E/W bet at 10/1. He could give Celestial Halo something to think about.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

More speculation from me here regarding the 3.50 at Lingfield If the Barry Hills horse was much cop, why has he not been able to find an owner for him? Premier Yank showed plenty on his debut and still looks EW value at 7/2 if you can get on.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Got the value not the win DJ……or in Zoso’s world, got no value at all because it lost :lol:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

More speculation from me here regarding the 3.50 at Lingfield If the Barry Hills horse was much cop, why has he not been able to find an owner for him? Premier Yank showed plenty on his debut and still looks EW value at 7/2 if you can get on.

Stoneacre Pat was 100s and 66s this morning (which was all I got off ladbrokes), that was the e/w value, who needs pricewise.lol

Was on the right lines with Ashkazar and Bormo, according to the RPRs there was 40lbs between them which clearly there was not, I had hoped Ashkazar would be held up and that Bormo would get up the hill, which wasnt the case but still I’d Ashakazar at about 120s before the race and Bormo at about 110 so although both look to have improved there was about 10lbs between them.

The tother one became Nicholls pick of the day, mobaasher recieved no market support, caribou was a non runner but wasnt as fancied as erics charm by the trainers anyway, backed gungadu pre race as nicholls was having a great day and gave hima good report in the Post…

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Are you saying, Bulwark, that you backed Stoneacre Pat at 100/1 and 66/1, yet again without mentioning it, despite the race in question coming up on a thread you started?

Do me a favour.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Are you saying, Bulwark, that you backed Stoneacre Pat at 100/1 and 66/1, yet again without mentioning it, despite the race in question coming up on a thread you started?

Do me a favour.

Bulwark
    Classic Winner:

——————————————————————————–

I remember that race too, I think it was the same trainer, he got a fair bit of publicity last time so may be why hes doing it again, Id consider a little e/w on his 100/1 shot who looks a bit of an arsehole but is bred for the distance and is trying it for the first time.

If you look at the 350 lingfield thread then you’ll see that I mentioned the horse last nite, see above, so its not exactly aftertiming LGR, I only got 66s (no 100s, although other firms mhad 100s) on it this morning as am currently stuck with ladbrokes prices…

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Also, the reason that Ive not mentioned it on this thread as I started this thread last nite and was in work all day today (away from the internet), so was not aware that the race was mentioned on this thread till got in this evening, the race was only raised at 150 on this thread…

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Carvillshill

We may have lost, but on the bright side, neither of us are Tom Queally and had to unsaddle next to Jamie Osbourne after that. Can;t imagine he’ll be too pleased with that.

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 442

Any opinions on Ashkazar as a Triumph Hurdle possible ? Impossible to draw too many conclusions as Timmy was playing games from two out. Slightly unflaterring head carriage and I thought he might have been trying to run-out going towards four-out, but visually as impressive as Binocular in beating a similar calibre of opposition.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Timmy reported that the horse was very green in front, he looks to have the build for the game, I was also quite taken with Kingy’s horse in second place.

Colin

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Any opinions on Ashkazar as a Triumph Hurdle possible ? Impossible to draw too many conclusions as Timmy was playing games from two out. Slightly unflaterring head carriage and I thought he might have been trying to run-out going towards four-out, but visually as impressive as Binocular in beating a similar calibre of opposition.

Definitely not for me, Ashkazar does not IMO have the class at 2 miles to win the triumph, there are different ways that the race could be run and he would be suited to it being more of a stamina test, which is highly likely with Franchoek the likely pacesetter, but there will be others who would be just as well suited to a testing gallop, Celestial Halo, Won in the dark (looked impressive in the big irish juv nov race at christmas and has come in for support on various occasions since then) and a few others Im sure who will settle well on the day and be full of running if there is a good pace on.
    If you look at Bormo in todays race, he empties at the last and Ashkazar and Grand Schlem both make or take ground on him, which I think makes Ashkazars performance look possibly more impressive than it really is because it looks like he is really powering clear, it will be interesting what the RPRs give him but I have him about 130ish, but 130s on his third run doesnt justify 10s and 12s, there will be better chances at bigger prices come the day.
    For a horse on his third run over hurdles he looks very quirky aswell, unlike franchoek and binocular and quite a few of the other contenders who have both looked very professional in their races.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.