The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

New Members Thread

Home Forums Lounge New Members Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 492 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome to "TRF" Raymond.

I should post you queries in the main part of the forum as you will be more likely to get a response.

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Hi Jon Daniels; looks like you’re a Grand National man. Make sure you check out the Big Races Discussion section; this years race is a complete puzzle and more input will be appreciated!

merry
    • Total Posts 3

Good morning guys!

I think with my registration I raised the average of women in this forum :D

I am a newcomer to horse racing and thought it would be a good idea to talk to some people who are more experienced that I am and to learn a little bit more about all this stuff.

So I am looking forward to have some nice conversations with you and to read thousand of interesting posts in this forum :D

• Total Posts 2390

Welcome Merry

There are plenty of women on here…in fact we’ve enough for our own ‘TRF Ladies Football Team’…perhaps you would like to join the team :mrgreen:

PM Ugly Mare or Moehat for more details.

[attachment=0:1dnzr7tu]Footy Team.jpg[/attachment:1dnzr7tu]

Welcome to all others aswell.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

I’m delighted to introduce everyone to The Racing Forum’s newest recruit, 23 year old Adam Lee Brookes. Adam has joined us on an intern basis and will be helping us continue developing the forum over the next few months.

He’s made a flying start and has already sorted out a Facebook presence for us, in addition to writing a nice article on Saturday’s Grand National which will be posted on the site later tonight.

Rather than me telling you all about Adam I thought this nice piece, written by Adam himself, introduces him very well. I’d be very grateful if you could all show him the support you’ve shown me over the years as he gets to know the site and the forum members.

<i>Hailing from the heart of racing country that is West Bromwich, after completing A-levels in English Literature, Media Studies and ICT, I packed up and left for an agricultural university in deepest Essex, with almost zilch experience of working with horses. My passion has always been racing and ever since I was knee high to a Shetland pony I’ve been an enthusiast.

Like most fans, it was my Grand-dad who got me into racing, providing a kitty of 20 pence pieces every Saturday for whoever could pick the winner of the next race. By the time I’d finished school the only thing I knew/cared about was racing, so I took a chance and moved south.

I undertook a range of equine-related modules at University, including anatomy, physiology, biomechanics and stallion management, but for me it always had to come back to how I could apply it to racehorses.

At the end of my first year I was lucky enough to have honed my mucking out technique and managed to secure a 10-week placement preparing yearlings for the Deauville sales for one of France’s top vendors – Haras d’Etreham. That was a great experience and taught me a hell of a lot – I even had the great fortune of having a future Italian 2000 guineas winner as one of my 3 horses.

Showing for people like Angus Gold, John Warren, Mark Johnston, etc was a dream come true for a working class kid from the West Midlands.

I completed my degree in Equine Breeding and Stud Management last year and have been trying to pursue a career in the industry ever since, with a focus on the journalistic side.

So that is it basically, a brief history of how I came to become involved in racing. I’m grateful of having the opportunity to work with the team at The Racing Forum because as most of you know, once you become a racing enthusiast, it consumes you and to be involved in the industry in any way possible is just fantastic.

Adam Lee Brookes</i>

Participant
    • Total Posts 6853

Welcome to "TRF" Adam.

Regards – Matron
    :cool:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Not a single mention of twig-hopping; we’re going to hell in a handcart!

• Total Posts 206

Thank you Matron….(not said a la Kenneth Williams!) :)

• Total Posts 4293

Doesn’t writing an article on the Grand National count as twig hopping??

By the way Rory, what is the lowest OR in the GN this year?

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Welcome to TRF, Adam.

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Welcome and good luck, Adam.

Colin

• Total Posts 206

Thank you.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Good to have you on board and hope that you find it an enjoyable and worthwhile experience. Don’t forget that interns deserve copious amounts of tea and chocolate biscuits whilst you slave away!

marko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

Gerald.

The lowest rating this year is 139 – Abbeybraney (No 40).

There are four reserves:
    Silver Birch, Cerium & Royal Rosa all 139 and Knowhere on 138.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6309

Welcome and enjoy it Adam!!!
    Thats what we are all here to do!!

bagnallc
    • Total Posts 132

Will be a great experience for you and a nice addition to your Cv. Welcome and good luck in the role.

Chris

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Welcome and good luck.

Do you introduce yourself as Adam Lee Brookes or is it some sort of homage to Justin Lee Collins?

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 492 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.