The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ian Davies

Home Forums Lounge Ian Davies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

I notice ID’s profile is now marked “blocked”.

I will miss his contributions to the forum.

Marlingford
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1612

It would be a shame if ID is gone for good, though I acknowledge I am commenting from the uninformed position of being a user of the forum rather than an admin.

Ian generated a lot of good discussion and his posts were always very well written. Like CAS, I will miss his contributions.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2987

Can’t see that he’s done anything to warrant being blocked permanently. Not on the public forum anyway. Who knows what goes on in the dark world of direct messages.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16942

That’s a shame I thought he was okay and he certainly posted up some interesting Threads generating some good and sometimes amusing debates.
    I hope we get to hear why he was blocked but I guess that’s classified information. B-) Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

He had an argument with admin on Saturday which spilled over into yesterday. An argument which admin started by accusing ID of after timing over the price he got against Ballyburn.

I don’t believe anything was written on the forum itself to merit a ban, unless something has been said behind the scenes.

Landafar
    Participant
    • Total Posts 800

Agree with all above.

Newbury is his local course, in the first race Friday, there’s one entered in the Hunter Chase called Go On Chezz..Amusing..

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

I am sorry to see him go and shall miss his wit and wisdom.

If you are reading this Ian I wish you all the best for the future.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1815

Shame, i liked his musings.

Wishing you all the best, Ian, if you read this :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32167

Agree with what’s been said
    Ian has been a strong contributor to the forum and will be missed on here

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8913

Is admin going to do us the courtesy of explaining why he has been blocked?

Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4776

One who always spoke his mind. A bit flippant with some remarks but in my opinion never offended anyone. A real character of the forum and I hope that whoever blocked him was by accident and he’ll be quickly unblocked before he gets back from waitrose with his free cup of coffee.

I guess the old saying is true, it not what you say, but whom you say it too.

The best things in life are free.
    But you can give them to the birds and bees.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2870

‘One who always spoke his mind.’

And, it should be noted, without the cloak of anonymity that many of us, including myself, choose to shield ourselves with to various degrees.

I have no problem with anyone being anonymous online, obviously as I do it myself, but I do respect when people are prepared to give their forthright opinions in their own name.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

Got great respect for Ian’s knowledge and loved our discussions / confrontations as much as he probably did. But he could also find fault with anyone / everyone who’s in what he saw as authority, with comments that seemed overly strong. Suspect what he said behind the scenes might have been very different to what’s on these TRF pages too. May have been impossible to ignore.

We might like an explanation from Admin, but it would be unfair for Admin to give his view without Ian being able to do the same. So imo what has been said in private should remain in private.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

At first I thought this was some kind of a joke, but it seems 100% real. Just had a look at his last 20 or so postings and I couldn’t find anything controversial that would lead to his ban.
    By the way is this ban like “for life”?
    I hope not, I think most of us would miss his wit and his racing knowledge. Somehow he and Nathan were like father and son or Nicky and Nico.

Hope too see him soon again on this forum.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32970

I believe Ian was banned, or fell out with Admin and left of his own accord once before.

There were those posts in the Kevin thread that hinted about what may have been said behind the scenes, ERL.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4158

Thanks Mark, you could be right. That thread was once reported to admin and reopened the very next day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2333

I’m admin on a completely different type of forum and bans can be a week, month etc… or permanent but these can all be changed. Long time members are often the worst to “govern” for want of a better word who knows what has happened here but repeated attacks on staff and owners can be wearing.
    I doubt you will receive any comment and where I am admin this thread would have been deleted. I suspect he will be back.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.