The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

How the heck do you contact Admin here?

Home Forums Lounge How the heck do you contact Admin here?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1415

Inadvertently reported the Warthog thread in Memorials as being inappropriate when what I wanted to do was say it was a duplicate. Someone else had also reported the other thread for some reason, but the content isn’t inappropriate at all. Can someone in Admin delete one of the threads and unlock the other one please?

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16804

Sorry Black Gold, I had “unreported” it, as there was obviously nothing contentious, and thought I had deleted the duplicate one, but it stayed in place for some reason.

Sorted now.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9075

Hi Bobby…Is there anyway to move the Report away from the Reply button as it is when you can edit your own post… they are so close it only takes slip of the finger to hit it or perhaps if the date was shortened i.e. 25/1/20 there would be more room to spread out and Report could possibly be highlighted in Red and clearer to see.

I did want to post a respect for Warthog earlier but was unable to as it said I couldn’t reply…now I know why and hope to do so later. What an awful shame he was going to be one of my 10 to Follow horses a real talent lost today.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    • Total Posts 16804

Hi Jac, beyond me that one, that would be one for Corm or Matron.

I’ll have a different screen view from yourself anyway, but a short term solution might be to just use the dialogue box at the bottom to reply, rather than using the “reply” button. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever used that button before. Apologies if this is different for yourself.

Ps, I’m curious about this now myself, but I couldn’t even tell you if Admin get a notification if a post is reported.

Bloody shame about Warthog Jac, smashing looking horse.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1415

Thanks for that Venture to Cognac.

Is there an easy way to get a message to the mods/Admin? I can’t see anything on the site that has a “contact us” option. Does this platform not support that option? Seems to a bit silly to have to start a new thread every time there’s something that needs reporting without locking a post/thread.

• Total Posts 16804

There’s an E-Mail address which Admin will pick up. It’s in the post above this one, the one for Registering as a member on TRF.

I think the problem with the Warthog thread is that the first post was reported, which caused it to be locked. If a subsequent post is reported, I don’t think it’ll cause the thread to have any problems.

I check TRF every half hour to hour, even when not logged on, so I normally check any new threads. I clicked the duplicate thread, and the “report” yesterday, and thought I had sorted it, but must have got distracted.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9075

Thanks for your reply Bobby.
    I always use the dialogue box for replying for the very reason that I might hit the Report button especially as my mobile jumps about a bit when I’m texting. It’s not really all that necessary so perhaps that could go’, maybe Matron or David could consider it one day. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    • Total Posts 16804

Fair point Jac, definitely doesn’t seem to be any need for it.

I’ll leave it a few days though, if I send any more issues to Corm I think it might tip him over the edge lol

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5733

OK,

@Jac – I will look at the “layout” of the “report” button and see if it is possible to be re-arranged.

@Bobby – There is “log” in the admin section with all the reported posts that I or David go through. The majority are normally errors or just silly because somebody disagrees with an opinion and so are reversed.
    @BlackGold – just use the instruction VTC gave for contact

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1415

Okay, will do if needed. Luckily doesn’t seem to be much that needs to be reported here, or I just miss seeing all the juicy stuff. ;-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.