The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Horse racing radio station?

Home Forums Horse Racing Horse racing radio station?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    • Total Posts 295

One of the things I enjoyed about the festival was the festival radio. Not just on course but while driving to & fro it was interesting listening to the chat in the car. Luke Harvey was quite entertaining as an anchorman etc and I did manage to pick up a few good titbits from the interviews.

I wonder why we do not have a AM/FM dedicated Horeseracing radio station? I know that the internet bookies sites have sports live & the like but I want something I can liten to in the car. Surely there is a niche here even if it was just an expansion of the internet radio services.

cormack15cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8783

Might be a bit too niche Kevin I suspect. It may only be hard core racing fans that are interested. However I do feel that something like Talksport could have a regular daily racing programme.<br>

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

It’s a nice idea, but after a few weeks catching up with all the sorts of issues raised on internet forums it would be hard to fill up the air time. After all, you can get all that stuff in the papers and here as well.

It would also be nice if Radio 5 had a bit of regular racing content. I made a point of switching on their weekly sports review programme at 9am today, hoping to hear a discussion of the festival week – not a mention, the BBC clearly not interested.

I know that the resident pundits, Lysaght and Harvey, are useless, but couldn’t they have got someone like Alan Lee on? You’d be forgiven for thinking that the meeting hadn’t even taken place.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.