The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Highland National

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5950

Outlaw Tom is entered in the 2.35 at Perth on Friday 27th April, the Highland National. It’s a 0-125 handicap chase over 3m 7f and is due to be televised by Channel 4.

Paul Brierley reports that Outlaw Tom is 70/30 to run. The course is not ideal, though the gelding has run well there in the past, but going is like to be nice and soft, the distance is right and the prize money is decent. Principal consideration over Tom’s participation concerns riding arrangements with Campbell Gillies having a choice of Outlaw Tom or Vamizi. Peter Buchanan may be available to take the ride, but the stable have entries at Punchestown. As Outlaw Tom is not a straightforward character the feeling is that Campbell or Peter should ride so decisions to be made on that front.

The Highland National is one of my favourite races so I shall definitely be at Perth and it will nice if we have runner.

Rob

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5950

Snmall fields in geneal at Perth but 11 go in the Highland National, with Outlaw Tom included, and it looks a competitive contest.

We have had plenty of rain so Heavy is certain to figure in the going report. Just hope it stays dry tomorrow!

For those who can’t make it the race is on Channel4 at 2.35.

Rob

elcartero
    Participant
    • Total Posts 861

Good luck, Outlaw Tom….Come home safely :)