The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hennessy

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Hennessy

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Grassy – it’s all HERE

marko
    Participant
    • Total Posts 84

Royal Auclair (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  11st 12lb<br>Cornish Rebel (IRE)  P. F. Nicholls  11st 12lb<br>Wild Passion (GER)  N. Meade  11st 11lb<br>Star de Mohaison (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  11st 11lb<br>Neptune Collonges (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  11st 10lb<br>Innox (FR)  F. Doumen  11st 10lb<br>My Will (FR)   P. F. Nicholls  11st 9lb<br>Fundamentalist (IRE)  N. A. Twiston-Davies  11st 9lb<br>Southern Vic (IRE)  T. M. Walsh  11st 8lb<br>Ollie Magern  N. A. Twiston-Davies  11st 6lb<br>Halcon Genelardais (FR)  A. King  11st 6lb<br>Eurotrek (IRE)  P. F. Nicholls  11st 6lb<br>State of Play  Evan Williams  11st 4lb<br>Turpin Green (IRE)  N. G. Richards  11st 4lb<br>Iris’s Gift  Jonjo O’Neill  11st 3lb<br>Commercial Flyer (IRE)  D. E. Pipe  11st 3lb<br>Kelami (FR)  F. Doumen  11st 3lb<br>Idle Talk (IRE)  T. R. George  11st 3lb<br>Copsale Lad  N. J. Henderson  11st 2lb<br>Montgermont (FR)  C. R. Egerton  11st 2lb<br>Juveigneur (FR)  N. J. Henderson  11st 1lb<br>Ross Comm  Mrs S. J. Smith  11st 0lb<br>All In The Stars (IRE)  D. P. Keane  11st 0lb<br>Ardaghey (IRE)  N. A. Twiston-Davies  11st 0lb<br>Ladalko (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  10st 13lb<br>Zabenz (NZ)  P. J. Hobbs  10st 13lb<br>Bothar Na (IRE)  W. P. Mullins  10st 13lb<br>Graphic Approach (IRE)  C. R. Egerton  10st 12lb<br>Run For Paddy  Carl Llewellyn  10st 12lb<br>Baron Windrush  N. A. Twiston-Davies  10st 11lb<br>Napolitain (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  10st 10lb<br>Presenting Express (IRE)  Miss E. C. Lavelle  10st 10lb<br>Bannow Strand (IRE)  D. E. Pipe  10st 9lb<br>Keltic Bard  C. J. Mann  10st 9lb<br>Puntal (FR)  D. E. Pipe  10st 7lb<br>Vodka Bleu (FR)  D. E. Pipe  10st 7lb<br>Kasthari (IRE)  J. Howard Johnson  10st 6lb<br>Preacher Boy  R. J. Hodges  10st 6lb<br>Parsons Legacy (IRE)  P. J. Hobbs  10st 5lb<br>Distant Thunder (IRE)  Noel T. Chance  10st 4lb<br>Solar System (IRE)  T. J. Taaffe  10st 3lb<br>Omni Cosmo Touch (USA)  Mrs S. J. Smith  10st 0lb<br>Homer Wells (IRE)  W. P. Mullins  10st 0lb<br>Roman Ark  J. M. Jefferson  9st 13lb<br>Nadover (FR)  C. J. Mann  9st 11lb<br>Lou du Moulin Mas (FR)  P. F. Nicholls  9st 11lb<br>

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

2 horses stand out to me, state of play, and lou du moulin mas. state of play should still be improving and is not exposed, and lou du moulin mas had a confidence booster over hurdles, has had a wind operation and has a very good weight.

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

3 of my tote ten to follow still in then: Star De Mohaison, Eurotrek and Halcon Genelardais. I still can’t help thinking that Eurotrek is a serious tool. Be interesting to see how "potential superstar" Commercial Flyer gets on.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3708

<br>Grasshopper,

Just talked to a friend who had a tour of the Tom George yard this morning and was told that Idle Talk isn’t a definite runner and won’t be considered unless we have a fair bit of rain.

AP

aston
    • Total Posts 168

IMO, Idle Talk needs a better pilot. Not a big fan of Maguire. Ruby was the difference on Sat.

aston
    • Total Posts 168

It doesnt look like a particularly strong Henessey to me. The one that interests me most is Southern Vic. He was impressive in his pipe opener over a distance of 2m which is way too short for him. Although I did read that Ted Walsh will only send him if it is quite testing.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I thought the difference was that Ruby had the luxury of being able to sit off the pace. Idle Talk is a front runner that jumps so well that by reigning him in at every fence, you’ll waste the ground he gains in the air at each obstacle. He’s very much in the mould of Tom George’s other staying handicapper Lord of Illusion.  Idle Talk ran an absolute cracker. He soon had Take The Stand beaten off and then put Model Son to the sword after that had taken him on, no real surprise that he was unable to hold My Will at the death.<br>

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Much as I lke the horse, Idle Talk, because of the way that he runs and his apparent lack of acceleration, is always going to be a bit of a sitting duck for a horse with a turn of foot.

I do hope he can prove me wrong.

Colin

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

Ruby was worth at least 2 lengths on the run in last Saturday. The momentum and rythym he had on My Will compared to the jockey of Idle talk was astonishing.

aston
    • Total Posts 168

My point exactly. Maguire didnt seem fluent even though the horse gave him every chacne with the better leap at the last. He had to change his whip also, which you never like seeing in the run in of a 3m3 race. McCoy wouldnt have been passed.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

this sort of thing really annoys me, most people who criticize jockeys have never sat on a horse, let alone jumped one, and have very little idea of what skill is actually required. and as for not being able to pass mccoy, rubish. the horse gave his all, and my will just had abit left in the tank. i bet you backed idle talk and thats why your bitter!

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

i just think people put far to much blame on jockeys. my opinion is that the best horse on the day usually wins, and i exept there are some hard luck stories and that some jockeys are stronger in different areas than other jockeys, but at the end of the day there isnt that much in them. otherwise they wouldnt be doing the job!

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Couldn’t disagree more, Ruby Walsh does ride the best horses but there’s a very good reason, because he’s proven how good he is and therefore the top owners and trainers will always want to use him.. You don’t get 30% strike rates just by riding the best horses..

To me a good jockey will never lose races he shouldn’t, a bad jock will lose races they should win. Thats the difference

aston
    • Total Posts 168

Yes, I did back Idle Talk. And there is a gulf between the top 8-10 jocks and the rest, so your talking b*****ks
    . It is very plain to see.<br>For what its worth I have both sat and jumped on a horse, not that it matters a jot to the argument.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

If you can’t see the merits of Ruby Walsh in terms of his skill as a jockey and difference to a result from watching that run-in, then I suggest a winter watching the all weather …;)

FlatSeasonLover
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2068

Its gone a bit off topic but I’ve always thought Walsh is the most complete jockey in that he has incredible balance, good positioning and can read a horse so well but if you ask me do I want McCoy or Walsh on the run in its McCoy for me.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.