The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Haydock national trial

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Haydock national trial

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

I’m assuming that The Eider must be the plan for Potters Legend, as he’s a standout 16-1 with William Hill here.

That’s not enough to put me off, and I’ll go with him, it’s just too big a price to ignore. Caution advised obviously for money staked.

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8113

You may be right SS, but for the same reasons I chanced him yesterday
    at 16s with WH. I hope we’re still smiling come the final decs :unsure:

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Really like Achille 10’s, and Cloudy Glen 11’s here, but both have other entries here. No option but to wait till the day.

I’d be surprised if both went, so I’ll hopefully go with whoever declares.

Big ask for Ramses De Teille to win this off of top weight, and as much as I like him a lot, I hope to see him get an entry for The Ultima, and I’d rather bet him for that.

The one I keep going back to though, is the 14yo, Perfect Candidate. Obviously, given his years, he’s not been hammered for his win last time, and I can see him running well again, in what could be his swan song.

I’m not planning on having an Antepost, though I’ll keep an eye out, but I’ll be with Perfect Canditate, and either Cloudy Glen or Achille, after Final Decs.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Not sure what figure I was looking at for Perfect Candidate, but 8lbs for a 14yo actually does look like a bit much.

I’ll stick by him though, and I’ll split with Achille. Haven’t bet anything yet, but I’ll go with the pair of them win only.

Ramses really worries me though, and despite being top weight in these conditions, he must have some chance, as he’s the best of these. I’m just holding out hope that if he doesn’t win, he doesn’t get emptied, as I still really like him for The Ultima.

Achille
    Perfect Candidate

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

Lord Du Mesnil is two pounds higher than when runner up last year. I could do with him showing his true welfare in this as I’ve backed him in the National itself and his season hasn’t made for the same level of reading as this time last year. While two of his three runs were over unsuitable trips; his Welsh National run was quite disappointing. He’s as tough as they come, so I’m not too concerned about him bottoming out here. I just need to know he’s well in himself and capable of being competitive off this mark. 8/1 is worth an investment in this too.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

I’m surprised notachance is so big , young stayer who still potentially improving , looking at the field he makes everything else look exposed ….guys why no love ?

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Perfect Candidate at 20/1 EW for me. He won last time over course and distance, which caused a big rise in the weights for a 14 year old. He was the only one he just kept going. I think he will at least run his race. Might nog be good enough to win, but it should be a decent EW shot.

Perfect Candidate 20/1 EW

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Gonna be hard here having not bet Ramses, but I’ll stick with this pair.

Achille 9’s
    Perfect Candidate 20’s

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

I know that he’s top weight, but I will have to be with Ramses De Teillee here at 11-1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16282

Peter, you and me are going to have a fall out lol

Well played again

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

Another stonker of a finish , dug in when needed , well done Peter

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

WD again Peter!

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

Peter please tell us you had him doubled with chaos

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

Hahaha I was just thinking that, Bobby! That was pulsating stuff. I think I’ve found my main National hope!

I wasn’t doubled up, HDLG… I was trebled with Remastered! It’s been a good day and not a moment too soon! I’ve had a miserable season betting wise, so this is a terrific relief.

That Achille is some horse. It’s a shame he likely won’t get into this year’s National, but I’m going to be keeping a close eye on him with a view to next year’s race. Lightly raced for his age and will almost certainly be aimed at it.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 995

Lovely Peter , all at nice prices to

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.