The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Hardwicke Stakes 2018

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2018 Hardwicke Stakes 2018

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3593

Any betting without market around?

13/8 with 365 Barsanti W/O FAV Ginge. A short priced tempter that SOAB is. :unsure:

Match betting is Evs Barsanti to beat Idaho, another SOAB. :yes:

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

13/8 Barsanti as well with PP 5/4 Idaho 4s COM 18s RV

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Idaho each-way 12/1 (3 places) was my biggest ante-post bet for the week, myself and others on the same bet are obviously chuffed to see this race cut right up to just 5 runners.

I fully expect Crystal Ocean to win, but all Idaho has to do is finish 2nd or 3rd and it’s all sunshine in the rose garden.

Mind you, following my luck this week Cliffs Of Moher will probably do him for 3rd on the line…

Idaho 12/1 (e/w – 3 places)

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Thanks Botchy & nwalton, 13/8 is a bit short, I see oddscheker has the market up now. 2/1 with WH Barsanti without the fav is well worth taking imo.

value is everything
    CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I just give up.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Well done to all Crystal Ocean backers, especially those nice ante post bets :good:

Bad luck Charles, Idaho looked like he’d already run a race before the race
    started, he was awash with sweat.

DegaussedDegaussed
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

That’s normal for Idaho, so I can’t imagine that had any negative impact on his race. He was just ran as Crystal Ocean’s pacemaker.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

Idaho as BIG G points out had run his race before the start, liked the winner a lot and KG must now be the target.

westender69
    Participant
    • Total Posts 15

Good shout about the early 2/1. Only got 7/4 but happy with that.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

thought he looked a little more on his toes than normal (you’re right Degaused he has sweated up before and won races) and then setting the pace probably didn’t help, but there was always a ? who would make it

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Quite how Crystal Ocean has shortened to 2/1 in a place (5/2 general) for the King George is beyond me.

He’s beaten the 109 rated Red Verdon by 2 lengths with every other runner in the race running at least 7 pounds below their rating. Strictly on form he’s got a bit to make up with Defoe who downed Red Verdon by 4 lengths in the Jockey Club.

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

well done westerner I managed nicking a bit of 7/4 with a friends 365 account.

Out of PP first race and I didn’t have the fav in it (lol)

nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2022

Charles who would you have in front of him in the betting if we get summer ground? Will the Stoute yard run Poets Word? must be doubts about Cracksman, so not a lot left. Unless the chuck in a 3yo

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Charles may you have a point with Defoe, I was a bit gutted he didn’t show here,
    I had mentioned earlier in this thread that I had backed him at 10/1 for this,
    I’m not sure what happened to him. He’s a horse I like a lot.

Degaussed, you are right, Idaho normally sweats up a bit, I just thought that today
    it was a good bit worse than it normally is. He certainly was up front, but he hardly
    set a breakneck pace as a pacemaker, so I just think he wasn’t right today.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

That’s normal for Idaho, so I can’t imagine that had any negative impact on his race. He was just ran as Crystal Ocean’s pacemaker.

You’re right that Idaho always sweats and has often run well/won in doing so in the past, Degaussed. But seemed to be even worse than usual today. Always has lived on his nerves and now seems as though they’re getting the better of him. If I were Timeform I’d put a squiggle against his name!

Idaho made the running, but his performance wasn’t anything to do with that. When a horse wouldn’t be as effective/doesn’t have the speed over shorter than 12f, ie Slowly run 12f would deffinitely not have suited Idaho – and with no confirmed front runner in today’s field – not surprising had to make his own running. Didn’t set an overly strong pace either, so should’ve been able to find much more than he did imo.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.