Hardwicke Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Hardwicke Stakes

This topic contains 37 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

Second Set was a damned good miler for Luca Cumani a good few years ago Steve :wacko:

Muntahaa looks the value e/w at 14/1 to me!! Dartmouth is too short for me to bet but has obviously been targetted at this race!

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

I like three outsiders each way.
    Dal Harald 12/1, My Dream Boat 18/1 and Second Step 21/1.

Only left with one, Dal Harald each way. On paper not much pace in this race and he’s one who could get a positional advantage.
    I’ve now saved on Idaho, even though he may do an Order Of St George.
    Want to be against Dartmouth on that ground. Form consistently worse on a firm surface, is that a coincidence?

value is everything
    CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

As said earlier, I want to take Dartmouth on and I can’t get behind Idaho as I’m not sure he’s still got his form from last year. I’ve backed Chemical Charge each-way. He will relish the likely strong pace and fast ground so should have a shout. The two to win are Muntahaa and Wings Of Desire. The former is a bit in and out but he’ll relish the conditions and is drawn well so should be handy and we all know he can be a real battler. The latter was 2nd in a King George and basically if he can turn up in similar form he’ll win. He’s priced up as if he’ll come on for the run and that’s the worry.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15293

Happy to take a chance on Barsanti at 25’s each way here. Difficult to make the case for a win, but I don’t think the rise in class is beyond him, and I think he has decent place prospects.

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5671

I had backed My Dream Boat ante post, so not the best start for this. I’ll try and
    claw some of it back with Stoute’s second string ACROSS THE STARS at
    16/1. He’s looked decent at times, but hasn’t been quite in top form recently. If Stoute
    has him back in decent condition I think that’s not a bad bet.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Got my place money but really feel that Chemical Charge would have gone close if he got a gap. No fault on the jockey, just unlucky.

IBRacing
    IBRacing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Heffernan really did a number on Buick. Wouldn’t have done that to Dettori.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

It’s not been Stoute’s week. I laid several of his this week and the punters just didn’t learn, going in on his Khairaat at stupid odds of 3/1 in the Wolferton, only for it to run like a scabby donkey.

Darlington was the only one of his that I fancied this week and he was disappointing. He struck for home but was very tame. Ryan had praised his battling qualities but he folded like Mike Harding’s squeeze box this afternoon.

Idaho was yet another O’Brien one not at the races on his debut and a mile further on next time. It seems an accepted, cynical process that brings success time after time. You can’t stop their Juggernaut.

Yet another William Haggas runner who couldn’t get the job done in the bigger races. The trainer said Dal Harraild would bounce off the ground and that not many of the others would like the going today. The horse went out like a light and Haggas should consider selling his top hat and tails, as the invisible man of Royal Ascot and the Classics. 4 wins from his last 20 runners, the Haggas inmates won three maidens and a handicap between them.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.