Hardwicke Stakes

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2017 Hardwicke Stakes

This topic contains 37 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

A possible rick here

Jack Hobbs to win the Hardwicke Stakes @ 16’s PP & BFSB. Must have a shout if running.

http://www.championchase.co.uk/news/article/50051/jack-hobbs-oozes-class-in-sheema-stroll

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

A possible rick here

Jack Hobbs to win the Hardwicke Stakes @ 16’s PP & BFSB. Must have a shout if running.

http://www.championchase.co.uk/news/article/50051/jack-hobbs-oozes-class-in-sheema-stroll

Genuine question: what is a ‘rick’ in betting terms?

I hear it in dog racing all the time.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Mistake MOM, well that’s what i know it as.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I pointed out a fair while ago that John Gosden had stated that Jack Hobbs would go to the Hardwicke as a prep race for the King George at Ascot later.

Imagine my surprise to see him 16/1 for the race and much shorter for the Prince Of Wales and Coronation Cup, races where he is not going, according to the trainer.

Gosden, said last week on Sky Sports:-

Gosden’s patience in Jack Hobbs was rewarded with success in the Sheema Classic and his mid-season target is the King George at Ascot, with the Royal meeting first, while the likes So Mi Dar and Journey are also working towards a return.

“Jack Hobbs is pointing towards the Hardwicke. He started cantering yesterday. We are going for the Hardwicke as a prep for the King George”.

I have gone for him at 16/1 it’s a crazy price that will not last.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

4/1 with both,, a take it they both noticed their mistake earlier today – have you both got on at 16/1

mad prize, think he could win King George as well,,, looked brilliant in Dubai

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

I hope Jack’s main target is still the Arc, and the others are more or less prep races?!
    So please don’t overdo it with him, Johnny ;-) and keep him healthy and fresh.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I got the bum’s rush with Jack Hobbs but I did take the 4/1 on offer. I knew those odds of 16/1 couldn’t be correct but I tried.

Anyway, I am still ahead of the game, as Paddy Power have already sliced him in to 5/2 Fav.

It seemed pertinent to snare 9/2 for the King George VI before his Ascot run.

You can still get 12/1 for Jack Hobbs in the Arc and he is as low as 6/1 with other firms.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Posted it in my DLAP thread a couple of hours before starting this one. Got the 16’s with both no problems.

Did you have a go MOM ?

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1094

Don’t whether to thank blotchy or Steve for this as I can’t remember whose post I saw first. So I’m going to thank you both

Manage to bag the 16s with pp and also on the 12s for the arc.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

No need for any thanks wasps, just passing on a ” rick ” when i spot one for other TRF’ers. Obviously i have to get on first like before posting it on here. :bye:

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Posted it in my DLAP thread a couple of hours before starting this one. Got the 16’s with both no problems.

Did you have a go MOM ?

I mentioned him a while back when Cormack suggested I should start a thread for the race. I had been waiting for odds to appear but never saw it until Botchy mentioned it here. It was still showing 16/1 on Oddschecker but I must have been on the cusp and missed the price.

That’s the downside of this game. You can’t be tied to the odds 24/7. Someone’s arse will need kicked in the compiler’s office.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

Just checked tonight and the Ribblesdale has been opened up Steve

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

Just checked tonight and the Ribblesdale has been opened up Steve

Cheers Botchy. Gracious Diana looks big at 16/1.

Shutter Speed won’t be running, she will be on the easy list having landed the Oaks earlier ;-)

If Rhododendron win the Guineas, she surely stays at a mile, so that is the first two in the betting out. Coronet is off to France next and with Gosden saying that Gracious Diana is a Ribblesdale filly, that surely counts for plenty.

Enable is also in the race for Gosden but she goes to the Cheshire Oaks next and she is 7/4 Fav for that race. I tend to gravitate to the one the trainers have mentioned for a specific race and Gracious Diana is unlikely to line up at 16/1 for the Royal Ascot contest, in what may be a weak looking affair on the day.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2441

Did you have a go MOM ?

Only just seen the thread Botchy

Unfortunately I didn’t play. If I’d have thought about it for a second at the time, I would’ve realised 16s is massive and had a nibble.

As for Gracious Diana, I’ve played her with shutter Speed for the Derby and think 16s for the ribblesdale may just be too big to ignore.

hein bollow
    hein bollow
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Is it still up to date that Jack Hobbs will run here, or have chances increased he will feature in the Prince of Wales Stakes? In the latter he could take on Almanzour, but maybe they want to save this for the Arc?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.