The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Guy Ritchie’s Revolver

Home Forums Lounge Guy Ritchie’s Revolver

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

As a spin-off from the favourite films thread, I’d be interested in the opinion of anyone here who may have seen this film recently.

Revolver, despite widespread anticipation took a battering at the box office, recieved incredibly bad reviews and unless DVD sales recoup costs, then it looks like Guy Ritchie will struggle to get funding for his next gangster epic.

Yet, I’ve seen it three times now and I think it has the makings of a cult classic. A real sleeper. It walks all over LS and 2B’s/Snatch.

Remeber Kubrick’s "The Shining"? Tanked at the Box office in similar fashion and now considered a modern classic.

Ritchie’s film imho is clever, intricate, deep, well filmed and carries its European influences like a badge of honour. I can’t say I enjoy it particularly – you’ll struggle to feel good about anything afterward – but it made me think and there are two scenes in it which are utterly memorable.

Anyone agree that this is a cult classic in the making? Or do you consider it a rightful bargain bin filler? Im genuinely interested.

Cheers

Max<br>

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I think this film is quite crap and doesnt hold a candle to Lock stock or Snatch and i Wud say Lock Stock has definitly been his best.

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I am a big fan of Nick Love’s films now i was very impressed with The Football Factory and The Buisness.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Football Factory? Got it; an ok film but not a patch on Green Street, ID or the daddy, "The Firm"in the Stanley knife runabout genre.

Not seen the other one, but Ill pick it up.

I’ve just watched this one again, Irisheyez. That’s four times. Revolver gets better each time I see it. I reckon it bombed because of who directed it. ;)

(Edited by Maxilon 5 at 11:10 pm on May 16, 2006)

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

Another Nick Love film is Good Bye Charlie Bright.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.