The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 834 through 850 (of 896 total)
  • Author
    Kifill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 166

I can imagine about half the field winning this, but Big Fella Thanks and Arbor Supreme look the most bullet-proof.

My Will is a very big price for a horse that finished third last year.

• Total Posts 4293

deleted.

Sorry, I got that right first time. Going has been changed to

GOOD, Gd to Sft in places

, on the National course.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

The Package, Maljimar and Palypso De Creek are my three against the field.

Participant
    • Total Posts 120

Ah…unfortuneatly my list still has 37 horses, only Madison Mon Mome n Comply crossed out…have just asked missus to find a pin….usual method, given me 2 out of last 5!

£5 ew. National is not about betting, its about watching….

My favourite horses - Red Rum, Spanish Steps, Proud Tarquin, Esban, Go-Pontinental, Barona, Charles Dickens, The Dikler, Astbury, Black Secret, Vulgan Town, Huperade, Well To Do, Crisp, Quintus, Argent, Colebridge, Pearl Of Montreal, Nereo, Sonny Somers, Tubs VI, Tartan Ace, Red Candle, L'Escargot, Bula, Beau Bob, Rouge Autumn, Rough Silk, Frodo, Deblin's Green, Prince Tino, Eyecatcher, The Pilgarlic, Captain Christy, Mr Midland, Interview II, Credit Call, My Virginian, Flush Of Diamonds, Scout, Money Ma

NXgold
    • Total Posts 2

(Hi, this is my first ever post on here)

My selection for the National is:

The Package
    Snowy Morning
    Cloudy Lane
    Backstage
    Eric’s Charm

Participant
    • Total Posts 120

Mr Pin done his job, got me Can’t Buy Time…..

Spent a long time looking at every horse over the last few weeks. It’s not like the old days, you used to be able to pick out a dozen or so who had absolutely no chance at all bar a pile up. Nowadays the quality in depth is far far better. Difficult to find a single horse who can’t win today.

My favourite horses - Red Rum, Spanish Steps, Proud Tarquin, Esban, Go-Pontinental, Barona, Charles Dickens, The Dikler, Astbury, Black Secret, Vulgan Town, Huperade, Well To Do, Crisp, Quintus, Argent, Colebridge, Pearl Of Montreal, Nereo, Sonny Somers, Tubs VI, Tartan Ace, Red Candle, L'Escargot, Bula, Beau Bob, Rouge Autumn, Rough Silk, Frodo, Deblin's Green, Prince Tino, Eyecatcher, The Pilgarlic, Captain Christy, Mr Midland, Interview II, Credit Call, My Virginian, Flush Of Diamonds, Scout, Money Ma

• Total Posts 1046

Superb for McCoy

SharkEnergy
    • Total Posts 38

awesome awesome awesome

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

After the Grand National you will look back at this post and wonder how does Fist know these things :P

Don’t Push It ran the perfect Grand National trial in the Pertempts Final at Cheltenham :P and his for figures now look like this:-

P02201-423P Don’t Push It.

I’d say that looks just about perfect for a future Grand National winner.

Well come on then how do you do it Fist? :lol:

Seriously, that’s fantastic stuff… I remember very clearly reading this particular post and the horse was 40/1 at the time. I was even thinking about it yesterday but foolishly (just) passed it over and it didn’t make my final 4.. Had 2nd and 3rd though and the other 2 completed aswell so not complaining….

• Total Posts 4293

For a laugh, I’m trying to find the post that Fist wrote last Autumn, saying that he didn’t think Don’t Push It was a Grand National horse. I don’t know which thread it is on though.

Having said that, a Master Punter has the right to change his mind! :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 4293

Page 24 of Fist’s Diary:-

I agree with Carv. He’s a big soft git look how well he was going in the pertemp s until he clouted a hurdle….was never going after that and flattered momentarily. They should have asked Jonjo which National?….because if he is asked again why he din’t run at Aintree he’ll say he never said which National……..he was probably talking about the Midlands or Ayr :lol:

I suppose he could go but he’d have to have things very much his own way. He’s not a horse who recovers well when taking out of cruise mode.

:mrgreen:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

:P Gerald, you smooth cat

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

have to thank my sister for tipping don’t push it, so i put abit on it, well done AP and carrying 11st 5lbs too soo breaking yet another of the trends

it was funny how king johns castle didn’t fancy going around today though

vf

• Total Posts 4293

I’ve actually led by your example Gerald and done a little GN Portfolio of my own. It’s not as big though I have to admit! :lol:

£5 @ 26

Possol

£5 @ 30

Comply or Die

£2.50 @ 101.25

Gone To Lunch

£5 @ 100.62

Dont Push It

£2.50 @ 519.76

Erics Charm

£2.50 @ 140

Siegmaster

£2.50 @ 320

Ballyfitz

£3 @ 34

Hello Bud

Good, Dan. I was worrying I was giving people bad habits.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

:lol:

Thanks for the inspiration, Gerald :wink:

• Total Posts 1046

well done winners :wink: :mrgreen: (not me I hasten to add)

NO chance I’m playing the race early next year though, will just be open season at the nrnb stage.

Hope Gordon brings Backstage back next year, I’m bias but thought he was absolutely cantering off the leaders when brought down at the 20th.

So pleased for McCoy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

😆

Thanks for the inspiration, Gerald :wink:

Great stuff Halfway!Its another case of Betfair rules Ok! What surprised me was, as i was watching the BBC coverage,they put up a show of betting and the only horse being backed was Dont push it, 16"s 14"s 12"s across the screen.Betfair were showing 26"s still and it wasn"t for a couple of minutes till he went 21"s then 18"s! The shrewdies who follow Mcmanus gambles cleaned up today! Gamble of the Century!

Viewing 17 posts - 834 through 850 (of 896 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.