The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 896 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

I may be odd but I am actually getting more confident as the race gets closer!!
    I think it might be lulling me into a false sense of security though!!
    Come on Arbor Supreme!! :lol:

Just come in from work and looked at oddschecker. Arbor Supreme now generally 12s/14s – Stan James has it at only 10/1.
    My 25s from last Sunday is looking very tasty! I know the jock’s been announced by willie mullins today, but that’s a crashing of odds in only 1 week! Anyone know if there’s a tasty bit of news to justify?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

yeah looking at sportinglife and arbor supremes entries only the grand national aintree is down and not the irsh version

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

As long it turns up at Aintree then we are nearly half way there!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1759

As long it turns up at Aintree then we are nearly half way there!!

That’s put the mockers on his chances…..and mine! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

:lol: Wilts what I meant was if you back something ante post and it actually turns up you have half a chance!!

But having said that I backed one of Geoff Wraggs for the Derby once it might have been Young Senor or something like that and it did turn up and went down to the start and then proceeded to refuse to go in the starting stalls!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

At least with the National there are no stalls involved!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Are there any horses currently entered who are definitely out of the National?

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 14971

I don’t think these are set in stone, but I think Air Force One isn’t going, and Equus Maximus is being aimed at the Irish national. The one that worries me is The Package! One of 2 I’ve backed, but I don’t recall any confirmation from connections that he’s going! I hope I’m wrong!

There’ll be a few others though! Ground withdrawals, and at least a couple of last minute injuries!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

As long as there are 12 withdrawals that allow Knowhere to squeeze in i’ll be happy :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

what do you think the ground is likely to be on the national course on the day, at the moment good to soft, soft in places

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

It’s been raining for days and the forecast says we’re expecting more. I think we may be looking at a soft National this year. With a bit of luck we could get heavy :D

Some of my all time favourite Nationals took place on heavy going (i.e 1980, 94, 98, 01)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2232

i would love another soft/heavy ground national

vf

Dubacilla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

A soft/heavy ground National with single figure finishers is always enthralling to watch…though seeing our old friends endure these conditions always makes me feel guilty for wanting one.

• Total Posts 1046

bright clear skies here in the north-west not sure what all the fuss is about!

• Total Posts 1217

Where are you based BB? I’m in Wrexham and its been chucking it down constantly for the past 3-4 days, and there’s snow forecast here for tomorrow and Thursday! Would be surprised if Aintree was any worse than good to soft, soft in places though come next week as it’s meant to get much drier.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6296

I watched Red Marauder’s National last night and its interesting but almost painful to see such decent animals going sooooooooooo slowly so I hope the ground is good to soft or soft at worst!

Dubacilla
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22

Heavy ground Nationals have provided me with so many near misses.

In Red Marauder’s year I was on Beau who was tanking along until Carl Llewellyn lost his reins, and Brave Highlander who got taken out by a loose horse along with Papillon and Blowing Wind when only about 6 were still going after the 17th fence.

In Earth Summit’s year I was on the lovely Suny Bay who would have been the most deserved winner that wasn’t since Crisp.

And I was also on Just So (Slow) when Miinnehoma won in 1994…

(I’ve also never forgiven Philip Hide for jumping off Brave Highlander when it departed at the 2nd Canal Turn on its first attempt over the fences – it would have won.)

Memories…

• Total Posts 1046

Hi rich, greater manchester! half hour away, dry bright and breezy! You’re closer though!

Viewing 17 posts - 596 through 612 (of 896 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.