The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 896 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 4293

Actually, I thought that’s what you meant.

Sorry about the embarrassment – I find it difficult to choose my words.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Actually, I thought that’s what you meant.

Sorry about the embarrassment – I find it difficult to choose my words.

Don’t worry about it. If you can’t laugh at yourself – what i like to say

Money is really starting to plow onto Niche Market and i can see why. I’vr had my eye on him since the Irish National and i feel stupid for not taking some of the odds you could have got a few months back.

• Total Posts 4293

Yes, he’s my biggest regret in the race as well.

Having said that, I’m surprised there hasn’t been a bit of dissing of the horse, distance-wise, considering he was caught by a NH Chase winner on Saturday.

• Total Posts 4293

Air Force One, who was beaten 69 lengths by Kauto Star in last year’s Gold Cup, finished third in the AON Chase on his seasonal debut and is being targeted at the John Smith’s Grand National by connections.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

FFS, :wink: , the plan changes by the day; yesterday, it was to go for the Irish National and Whitbread.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Hasn’t Air Force One been targeting the National all season?

• Total Posts 4293

Once the horse became injured again, the plan first mentioned was Punchestown!

edit: sorry, I’ll correct that. I think the horse went for some proper treatment, rather than getting injured again.

• Total Posts 1046

The RP made that up I think.

Charlie Mann has confirmed on his website it’s Irish National and the Whitbread.

Still a horse I can’t properly fathom what’s going on with, maybe his Hennessy run was, after all, a pure fluke. Ah well.

Truman31
    • Total Posts 22

Air Force One is 66/1 with Bet 365 and paying 1st 5 – If he is now being aimed that has to be value

• Total Posts 1046

Maybe only I can see my above post!

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

The question I ask is will Niche Market stay. I knew the ill fated Hear the Echo wouldn’t and he won an Irish National off a light weight too and was a lot more impressive in doing so.

He’s failed to quite see out the NH Chase on one occasion and was never in the hunt on the second. Yes, he is much improved since then but I can’t see him lasting 4m 4f when he didn’t quite last 4 miles.

I expect a similar scenario to Hear The Echo inasmuch that if he stays upright he will almost defintiely be there two out but he won’t last.

The trouble with me is I’m always very confident in knowing who won’t win that I fail to see who will!!

• Total Posts 1046

Was just turning that point over myself. On the surface he seems a tailor-made bet for the race, but can’t see him staying well enough either.

KendalCavalier
    Participant
    • Total Posts 412

I think if he receives, as expected, 11st or over tomorrow then that, for me, will lay the few doubts I have about not backing him to rest.

He’s not a good weight carrier.

HorseRacer212
    • Total Posts 2

I think we saw prove in the Aon at Newburyr that Niche Market didn’t stay. and I agree that hes run at Cheltenham over 4 miles and didn’t stay that either. I could be wrong aboout Newbury because Tricky Trickster seems to stay forever. hencer why he is favourite for the National.

• Total Posts 223

I think we saw prove in the Aon at Newburyr that Niche Market didn’t stay. and I agree that hes run at Cheltenham over 4 miles and didn’t stay that either. I could be wrong aboout Newbury because Tricky Trickster seems to stay forever. hencer why he is favourite for the National.

lol, NM has won an Irish National so how can a run over 3m prove he doesn’t stay? He may not stay the National trip but Saturday proved nothing in this respect.

TT stays forever so that’s why he’s favourite? Is that the only criteria used to be a National favourite?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

There was one reason i was so shocked to see Mon Mome win last year. Not his odds, but the fact that he stayed. He looked like a knackered horse when he finished down the field in the Scottish National and did nothing in the Welsh National. So i think Mon Mome can be an example of my point. Niche Market may be looking like a tired horse in these shorter trips… but maybe he just needs more?

Nick Baker
    • Total Posts 82

I don’t think you can say Niche Market didn’t stay 3m on Saturday as he has won 2 handicaps of that trip or beyond (much further in the Irish National) and was staying on in the Hennessy over further. Maybe the ground was too tacky, maybe the went too soon on him. He is still in my calculations, although Saturday won’t have helped his handicap mark.
    I thought Character Building ran a decent enough race over hurdles the other day and expect his next appearance to really bring him on. And his Kim Muir win still has to be considered one of the easiest at last year’s Festival.
    Hasn’t Charlie Mann said AFO will probably go to Ireland, then Sandown? I know trainers often then change their tune, but he is also a horse with better form right handed anyway, so Fairyhouse will probably suit more than Aintree.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1704

Niche Markey has been given 11, 4. I don’t know about you but i still fancy his chances.

Viewing 17 posts - 239 through 255 (of 896 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.